I like for my classes to be fun and interesting. I use many different resources to engage my students such as powerpoint presentations, videos, music, stories, pictures, and games. I like to teach phonics when teaching vocabulary since I believe phonics is a critical building block of speaking, reading, and writing the English language.
I have been teaching ESL/ TESOL for 2.5 years. My students range between 4 - 24 years old. I have helped students to prepare for Trinity exams. I have taught students how to read and write using phonics. I have helped students to write essays and emails in English for graduate level programs in Hong Kong. Over 2.5 years I have taught over 50 students of various levels.
Senior ESL Teacher
Oct 2016 – Dec 2017
Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Teacher responsibilities (as listed below), as well as the following key responsibilities;
- Trained new teachers by delivering regular training workshops and encouraging development
- Communicated regularly with the Academic Coordinator to troubleshoot problem areas in the office and assisted with carrying out assignments and projects
- Wrote and created Extra Activities and events for the school
- Admin tasks such as ordering resources, lesson plans, and tests for 50~ classes
- Led resource projects to improve teaching quality and advance student achievement
- Improved teaching quality through the innovation and creation of new ideas for teachers to use in their classes (Ex: created useful PowerPoint presentations)
- Worked with the Sales Department to determine what could be explained differently to parents to achieve higher sales success
- Fostered a positive workplace environment by offering solutions to daily set-backs both in and out of the classroom
Company NameYork English
Jun 2015 – Oct 2016
Fuzhou, Fujian, China
- Advanced student skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing using the York English curriculum.
- Fostered positive attitudes towards learning English.
- Ensured the active participation of all students.
- Encouraged peer relationships for working in groups to maximize learning.
- Assisted with making resources.
- Promoted the school in local communities.
- Gave demonstration lessons to new students to encourage them to join our school.
- Communicated and collaborated with Teaching Assistants with regards to student progress, classroom and behavior management, activity ideas and our teamwork.
- Interviewed potential students to assess their level of English.
- Taught at local kindergartens and primary schools.
ESL lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$24|