I believe in the importance of empowering students through their challenges within learning. If a student is having a difficult time with a particular word or sentence, I push them to memorize the content, and to not just learn the material but to own it.
My work as both an educator and social worker have been focused in academic environments. My past experiences have included teaching ESL abroad to students in one-on-one and small group settings, after school tutoring, and substitute teaching. I have worked with students across the 1-22 age demographic.
ACCEPTED TO POST MSW PEL (PROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR LICENSE) PROGRAM| ANTICIPATED GRADUATION FOR JUNE 2020| LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO| CHICAGO, IL
MSW | GRADUATED MAY 2017 | UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN| ANN ARBOR, MI
· Practice Methods: Management of Human Services, Community and Social Systems
B.A. JUDAIC STUDIES | GRADUATED MAY 2012 | BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY| VESTAL, NY
Licenses and Certifications
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER LICENSE | MARCH 2019-JUNE 2024 | CITY OF CHICAGO
PARAPROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR LICENSE | MARCH 2019-JUNE 2024 | CITY OF CHICAGO
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER | SEPTEMBER 2018- PRESENT | LITTLE GREEN TREEHOUSE | EVANSTON, IL
· Support lead teachers and assistant teachers in classrooms with students ages 1-3.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER | MARCH 2018- JUNE 2018 | TEMPLE SHOLOM | CHICAGO, IL
· Taught Judaic Studies and Hebrew to 1st-6th grade students.
FIELD PLACEMENT | JANUARY-APRIL 2016 | JEWISH FEDERATION OF METROPOLITAN
DETROIT, EDUCATION DEPARTMENT | BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MI
· Co-managed and supported youth programs, planned Inside Out 5th-6th Grade Shabbat retreat, led onboarding sessions for incoming staff, aggregated data from Opening the Doors special needs programs.
PILOT YEAR FELLOW | OCTOBER 2013-AUGUST 2014| REPAIR THE WORLD | PITTSBURGH, PA
· Created monthly social justice programs with co-fellows, co-launched the Squirrel Hill Produce to Pantry Garden, recruited volunteers through one-on-ones, led outreach efforts, managed SPOT database.
SPIRITUALITY AND WATERFRONT SPECIALIST | SUMMERS 2011, 2012| EDEN VILLAGE CAMP | PUTNAM VALLEY, NY
· Coached 20 B’nai Mitzvah students ages 11-13, taught swimming, boating and dance classes to youth ages 7- 16, staffed 2011 Family Camp, served as bunk counselor during camp’s 1, 3, and 4 week sessions.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|