I tailor my lessons to the needs and interests of each of my students. My lessons are student-focused with an emphasis on the application of content to everyday life. My lessons incorporate activities that foster the advancement of listening, speaking, reading, writing, and pronunciation skills. I am patient, knowledgeable, and dedicated to helping my students achieve their goals.
I am a professional educator with a Master's in TESOL. I have over seven years of experience teaching ESL to students off various ages, levels, and linguistic backgrounds. I have experience teaching children preK-12, as well as adults. My students leave my class more confident in their ability to communicate more effectively in English.
MA in TESOL, College of Notre Dame of Maryland May 2011
BS in English, Towson University, Magna Cum Laude May 2009
Certified Yoga Instructor
August 2016-present: Lecturer and PDS Supervisor, Elementary Education, Towson University
• Teach aspiring education teachers strategies and methods for effectively planning and implementing lessons for linguistically diverse students.
• Provide students with a solid background of first and second language acquisition.
• Supervise students in their field experience at a Baltimore City public school.
March 2018-December 2018: Online ESL Teacher, PK Fish
• Teach dynamic, engaging English lessons to Chinese students aged 3-12 with a focus on speaking, listening, and pronunciation.
• Incorporate TPR, music, and props into my lessons.
August 2016-January 2018: Online ESL Teacher, 51Talk
• Taught English to elementary-age students using an interactive online curriculum
• Focused on reading comprehension, vocabulary, conversational skills, and pronunciation.
June-July 2016: Summer Youth Program Teacher, Esperanza Center
• Taught Spanish-speaking Baltimore city youth ages 13-19 English language skills based on the theme of learning English through one’s community.
• Focused on enhancing listening, speaking, reading, writing, and vocabulary skills through interactive group activities.
• Accompanied students on enrichment activities such as museum trips.
September 2015-August 2016: 3rd Grade English/Language Arts Teacher, Baltimore International Academy
• Developed and implemented rigorous, engaging English/Language Arts lessons based on Common Core State Standards.
• Coordinated with IB teachers to integrate IB principles into lesson planning and teaching.
• Differentiated teaching strategies based on academic needs and learning styles
• Managed student behavior according to the PBIS model
September 2014-June 2015: Assistant 1st Grade Teacher, Roots and Branches Public Charter School
• Co-developed and taught creative, dynamic lessons in the core subject areas using the principles of arts integration and brain-targeted teaching.
• Managed student behavior according to the Responsive Classroom model.
• Differentiated teaching strategies based on academic needs and learning styles.
June-July 2014: Middle School ESL Teacher, Refugee Youth Project
• Developed and implemented engaging, interdisciplinary lesson plans for ESL middle school students
• Used a wide range of instructional strategies and techniques to reach learners on various levels with differing learning needs.
• Facilitated student growth in the areas of speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
April 2013-June 2014: Adult ESOL and ABE Instructor, Learning Is For Tomorrow
• Gave ample opportunity for English language learners to improve their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills through individual, pair, and group activities.
• Planned and instructed each lesson to meet the individual needs of students though the use of scaffolding techniques such as graphic organizers and modeling.
• Developed the LIFT ESOL curriculum based on state standards and student goals.
• Recruited students for the LIFT ESOL program
May-September 2013: Adjunct Faculty, Baltimore City Community College
• Taught computer literacy to non-native English speakers through Microsoft Office and Internet activities.
• Taught functional English to refugees with special emphasis on job readiness.
September 2011-March 2013: Adult ESOL Instructor, Baltimore Reads
• Taught productive and receptive English skills to adults on a variety of levels.
• Fulbright pr
September 2011-May 2012: Adjunct ESOL Faculty, Howard Community College
• Incorporated grammatical concepts into the writing process at an academic level.
• Taught all aspects of the writing process, with particular focus on peer review.
January-May 2011: Student teacher, ESOL program, Roland Park Elementary Middle School
• Planned and implemented lessons to ESOL students K-8 using knowledge of the curriculum and principles of language teaching and learning.
• Developed assessments to measure student progress.
Fall 2009: Intern and Associate Editor, BrickHouse Books
• Edited poetry submissions.
Spring 2009: Intern for the MA program in the Humanities at Towson University.
• Wrote and edited several articles based on interviews of faculty and students for the first edition of the departmental newsletter, and designed the layout of the newsletter using knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Publications and Presentations
Presenter, MAACCE Conference, May 2013: Multi-Level Magic
Presenter, Maryland TESOL Conference, November 2013: Multi-Level Magic
Presenter, Baltimore Reads Professional Development Week, March 2012: Cultural Challenges in the Classroom
Member, TESOL International Association
Member, Maryland TESOL
References available upon request.
ESL lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|