As an experienced Master Teacher and School Leader, I have developed a passion and obligation to reverse the achievement gap, educate the young minds of tomorrow in new and joyful ways, and cultivate
well-rounded, responsible, critical thinking, and capable individuals. Education isn't just a job, rather it's a labor of love that satisfies me in ways little else will. I have been recognized and rewarded for outstanding results with increased responsibilities, promotions, and great opportunities throughout 10 years honing my craft in Pre-K to 8th grade; helped turnaround schools by creating highly effective lesson and school improvement plans, performance assessments, and curriculum maps. My impact on students and school community has earned positive feedback from educators and families alike.
I have been teaching and leading in urban charter schools for 10 years. I currently tutor 3 students. I am accustomed to teaching students in classes of 25-30 students. However, I believe that education is best when it is individualized, so I use data to drive my instruction with students to see the most growth. I also pride myself on building meaningful relationships with each of my students, because I believe that students do not care how much you know until they know how much you care.
Executive Manager/Instructional Coach 2016 - 2017
Harlem Village Academies Charter Schools
Coached, developed, and managed teachers and leaders to establish foundations for successful classrooms: ambitious
vision and goals, purposeful long-term plans and unit plans, rigorous assessments, strong relationships, and positive
classroom cultures to support growth.
• Raised student achievement levels by 39% in less than two months by analyzing and incorporating multiple
sources of data to inform my instruction, feedback, and guidance to staff.
• Supported Chief of Elementary Schools to ensure effective execution and implementation of rigorous
school-based curriculum and instructional methodologies were aligned with Common Core State Standards
and fostered a culture of practice, reflection, and improvement.
• Organized, planned, and led data analysis training sessions, team meetings, and assessment cycles for
Chief of Elementary Schools, principals, leaders, and teachers on effective academic interventions, rigorous
differentiation, and actionable, measurable, and tangible key levers.
Dean of Instruction
Ascend Learning Charter Schools
2015 - 2016
Managed, coached, and developed a portfolio of leaders and teachers, Kindergarten through fourth grade, by inspiring each
staff member to excel in their role and motivating students to achieve their highest potential.
• Increased student achievement levels on NYS Exams 35% as member of the school's leadership team by
providing high quality instructional and administrative leadership to teaching staff.
• Partnered with families to bridge the gap between school and home with academic workshops, activities,
and showcases to support learning, growth, and alignment; increasing family attendance and survey results.
• Organized focus on attendance, homework, and school culture initiatives resulting in overall student success
increasing attendance to 97%.
Success Academy Charter Schools
Successfully improved instruction and leadership as Master Teacher to improve student state test score results at top
1% in NYS, analyzed student achievement data and student work to build a culture of daily mastery.
• Created classroom environment to observe best teaching practices in order to replicate successful results,
develop an in-depth understanding of school's design, and increase teacher efficacy.
• Increased academic achievement of grade teams, planned and delivered network-wide and school content-specific
training and development that improved quality of instruction for all students and enhanced teacher lesson planning,
data analysis, and classroom management skills.
• Partnered with other leaders across network; supported principal with decisions regarding school design and
oversight: scheduling, staff recruitment and hiring, data analysis, ensuring operational excellence, testing
logistics, and behavior systems.
Lead Teacher/Classroom Management Coach 2007 - 2011
Promise Academy Charter Schools
As Classroom Teacher analyzed student achievement data and behavior to build culture, drive immediate and
long-term instructional decisions; provided live coaching to teachers on behavior management.
• Prepared students for life through encouragement, exposure to academically rigorous material, and skills to
support them persevere through challenges; led the assessment of student performance and behavior.
• Planned and conducted quality lesson objectives, outlines, and coursework aligned with state and school
standards for the balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time; provided students with
opportunities to observe, question, investigate, and discuss
• Supervised, evaluated, and planned sequence of assigned tasks for teacher assistants and interns; led
meetings to collaborate with other teachers and administrators in development, evaluation, and revision of elementary school programs to help each school achieve success.
Mercy College – 2011
Childhood Education 1-6
M.S.Ed GPA - 3.38
• Celebrated, awarded, and recognized for outstanding performance with honors such as Teacher of the
Month, Educator of the week, Fishman's Prize for Superlative Classroom Practice Nominee (2).
• Implemented lesson plans to achieve student performance in top of New York State for three consecutive
years; achieved top results in Success Academy Network of schools on Common Core Assessments.
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Homework help to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Afterschool pick-up & Baby-sitting for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$55||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$50||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$40||$350|