I am committed to delivering high-quality, individualized instruction. I assess students and then create informed lessons to best help them improve their skills. For writing and reading lessons, I include phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, comprehension, spelling, and vocabulary for students that need structured, systematic lessons. I develop interactive lessons to present topics that are of interest to the students, and provide opportunities for conversational English practice. The focus is on language acquisition, so I include exercises that allow the students to think critically, as well as explore and play with their language skills.
Presently, I am working towards earning a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics Education at Western Governors University. I have successfully completed over 100 college credits. Equally valuable to me is the knowledge, as well as the skills, I have acquired outside the classroom, such as language learning.
Over a period of five months, I learned Arabic as part of an online language exchange program. It was a fascinating experience for me as I got to learn about Egyptian history, culture, and traditions. That language exchange program gave me opportunities to be an English and Spanish tutor, and so I discovered my passion for helping others learn. I developed interactive lesson plans to present topics in a fun and creative way, and engaged the students' attention by incorporating music, poetry, and pictures. And I provided many opportunities for language acquisition, including exercises that allowed the students to think critically, as well as explore and play with their language skills. Other subjects I am passionate about are health and wellness, technology, and mathematics.
Currently, I am tutoring elementary and middle school students in math and reading. In addition to tutoring online, I held an instructional assistant position as a volunteer at a local elementary school. My passion for helping others and learning new things gives me purpose and motivation. That is a reason for why I am committed to instilling in students a love for learning. Also, I am bilingual in English and Spanish, and I know how difficult it can be to learn a new language. So, I appreciate the unique challenges involved with language acquisition, especially in an academic context. I worked one-on-one with ESL students during an after-school program called Homework Club, helping them with various subjects and creating opportunities for them to practice and improve their English skills.
Experienced tutor with a proven ability to deliver high-quality, individualized instruction in math, reading, and writing. Dedicated to helping students succeed, passionate for learning inside and outside the classroom, and committed to instilling in students a love for learning. Experienced in tutoring children, including ESL or ELL students, in person as well as tutoring foreign students by Skype.
B.S. Mathematics Education | Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT June 2020
B.S. Software Engineering | Oregon Institute of Technology, Klamath Falls, OR 2015-2016
Relevant coursework: Argumentative Writing, Public Speaking, Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, C++ Programming I and II, Embedded C, Digital Logic I, Computer Organization, and Computer Architecture
Completed 36 credits, GPA 3.88
President’s List Honors
Rotary Club Award
Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society
Math Achiever of the Month
World-class customer service
Proficient in English grammar
Bilingual in English and Spanish
Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
Varsity Tutors | Portland, OR
Online Tutor (Independent Contractor)
• Providing clients with excellent customer service by writing detailed lesson plans, and following up after tutoring sessions
• Helping students with various subjects, and providing individualized instruction based on their background knowledge
• Facilitating student engagement in activities involving math, writing, or reading, and providing guidance and support when needed
• Teaching ESL or ELL students reading and writing skills, and providing opportunities for them to practice speaking the English language conversationally
English and Spanish Tutor by Skype
• Developed interactive lesson plans to present topics in a fun and creative way, and engaged students’ attention by incorporating music, poetry, and pictures
• Used technology skillfully to facilitate online learning, and promoted independent learning by incorporating learning strategies
• Provided many opportunities for language acquisition, including exercises that allowed students to think critically, as well as explore and play with their language skills
Dry Hollow Elementary School | The Dalles, OR
Instructional Assistant (Volunteer)
• Facilitated student participation in group activities involving math, writing, or reading, and provided guidance, instruction, and support when needed
• Assisted students one-on-one with various subjects, and provided individualized instruction based on their background knowledge, and asked questions to provide clarification and additional examples, if necessary
• Helped ESL or ELL students with their homework, and provided opportunities for them to practice using the English language
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|