I understand how to help you while making you feel good about what you learn. I am very conscious of keeping my students from feeling overwhelmed or lost.
I meet you wherever you are in your current skill level, and I understand that everybody starts a given topic as a complete beginner. Learning with me is enjoyable and empowering.
As a tutor, I try to impart my passion for the subjects that I teach. For example, I strive to develop the applications and fundamental interconnections, so as to impart a greater interest in both the subject, and in learning generally, to the students with whom I work.
I have experience as both a front-end developer (AngularJS, Backbone.js, jQuery, and React) and a full-stack developer (Java and PHP).
I also have a background in education, with many hours of professional experience doing private tutoring, working in learning centers, and doing other work in the education space.
Primary technical skillset:
Primary non-technical strength:
• Interdisciplinary communication: working effectively with Product, UX, QA, and other roles
SELECTED WORK EXPERIENCE
U.GROUP (June 2018-Present) - Software Dev. -> Senior Software Dev. -> Manager and Lead Software Dev.
• Served as integration technical lead on a project that won U.Group ~$60 million in new work
• Promoted twice in less than 1 year
• Have served as a technical lead since October 2018
• Appointed to also do Functional Manager/People Manger work, starting in June 2019
• Tools including: Spring Boot (Java 8+), Angular 5, Sass, React, Protractor, Concourse, Docker, Terraform (AWS as cloud provider), Maven, and npm
• AWS services worked with hands-on so far include: ECS, ALB, ELB, EC2, ElasticSearch Service, CloudWatch, VPC (various sub-services), Route 53, Auto Scaling, IAM, S3, ECR, and EKS
SPARTA SYSTEMS (March 2017-March 2018) - Software Developer
• Successfully delivered numerous features on a Camunda-driven application for manufacturers
• Tools including: Java EE, Camunda and BPMN, Backbone.js, AWS, Jenkins, Hibernate, Junit, and Maven
INFOGROUP (August 2016-February 2017; full-time) - Software Developer
• Work on a sales and marketing application that shipped successfully and on schedule
• Tools including: React (ES6 with JSX), webpack, Less, Sass, npm, ESLint, and Babel
MADWIRE (April 2016-August 2016; full-time) - Web Developer
• Successful delivery of numerous features in an application used to track leads, track sales, do reporting,
PAYCHEX, INC. (March 2015-March 2016) - Developer I
• Payroll software development for Paychex, the second largest payroll company in the United States.
• Tools including: AngularJS, npm, Grunt, Jasmine, Less, and RequireJS
PEOPLES EDUCATION (August 2014-November 2014) - Web Developer
• Contract work, through TEKsystems Inc., on education software data. Tools: HTML, CCS, and some SQL.
SOFTWARE CONSULTING WORK (SELF-EMPLOYMENT) (September 2009-March 2018; part-time, intermittent)
WILLIAMS COLLEGE (Fall 2007 – Spring 2011; 3.36 GPA) Williamstown, MA
• Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in astronomy, June 2011.
• Dean’s List, Williams College (Fall 2007, Fall 2010)
computer programming lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest HTML lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer languages lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$55|