I am currently a 3rd year student at SMU, Meadows School of the Arts pursuing a B.M. in piano performance with a focus on pedagogy. I also play cello in chamber groups and with the Meadows Symphony Orchestra.
I am an entertaining, outgoing teacher who is not afraid to use new methods and techniques that cater to each of my unique students. I use different methods including Faber, Bastien, classical composers, independent pedagogy composers and sometimes compose my own music.
The length of the lesson is determined by the attention span and maturity of the student.
I started teaching in the Dallas area two years ago. I have experience with a variety of students such as kids before they have learned to read, beginner adults, and even mentally disabled students.
I am a private teacher with 5 years of experience in teaching piano and cello. I have seen improvement over the years, especially with the students that I have had for years. Students who supplement their education with music lessons perform better in class, have longer attention spans and learn valuable skills such as self-discipline. I have seen special significance teaching younger children where weekly interaction with an adult helps them become more mature communicators and able to clearly explain what they want.
My driving radius is 20 mins from downtown Dallas. If the student is located further away, and additional $5 is added for a travel fee.
I buy all books and material for you and charge an additional fee for it.
James Bowie High School 2011-2015
Southern Methodist University (B.M.) 2015-present
Yujen Tobita—private piano teacher 2004-2012
Douglas Harvey—private cello teacher 2012-2015
Carol Leone—private piano professor 2015-present
Andre Diaz—private cello professor 2015-present
Mindpop Fellowship and Leadership Program
Mindpop Fellow 2014-2015
Member of a leadership training program for students looking for careers in the arts industry
- underwent leadership training
- explored different careers through informal interviews and discussions with a group
Graham Reynolds (composer/band leader)
Summer Intern June 2014-August 2014
- organized, cleaned, archived recording studio
- recorded musicians and edited recordings through music software
- input compositions into computer software
- played cello and piano in a recording session for Austin Ballet
Piano Prep Department Librarian 2015
- set up a catalog system for the Piano Preparatory Department in Meadows School of the Arts
- sent mail and filed paperwork for the department
Meadows Stage Manager 2015-present
- manages back-stage during performances and shows
- Set and strike equipment and lights
South Austin SDA Church, 132 Eberhart Ln, Austin, TX
Music Coordinator 2011-2015
- Church Pianist, organized worship service, accompanied singers and instrumentalists
Irving SDA Church, 1300 N Rogers Road , Irving, TX
Music Director/Choir Director
- Arranged music and conducted a choir
- Organized worship service
- Church pianist
Classical Music for the World 2011-2015
- Member of community music organization based in Austin, TX
- Played in various ensembles and orchestras of ranging skills and age levels
- Performed for nursing homes
- Assisted musicians at community concerts
- Traveled to Zwickau, Germany for a music student-exchange program
Piano Teacher/Cello Tutor 2013-present
- Gave piano lessons to students age 4-14, beginners to early intermediate players
TMEA All-Regions Orchestra 2012-2015
- Performed in TMEA regions orchestra
All-City Orchestra 2012-2013, 2015
- Selected to represent high school in AISD All-City Orchestra
- Participated in the orchestra that plays for elementary students in their “Music Memory” exam
-Performed for opening of AISD Mills PAC center
Meadows Symphony Orchestra 2015-present
- Played cello, keyboard for the symphony
- Participated in orchestra and in the pit at the Winspear
- Performed at the Meyerson
Austin Youth Orchestra 2008-2015
- Participating member of following orchestras: sinfonietta, philharmonic, symphony
- Accompanied on piano
- Pianist, harpsichordist, cellist
Bowie High School Orchestra President 2013-2015
- Section Leader
- Administered officer tasks
- Organized and managed orchestra events (socials, concerts, fundraisers)
Eliana is a very talented young lady. She is good at navigating a broad ranging of ages for teaching. She teaches my 6 year old (started at age 5), and my 8 year old (started at age 7), and myself (let's just say I'm ageless...AHEM, 25 forever sounds good :-))). She is flexible and works to make-up classes that I may need to reschedule. She is super patient with the girls and inspires confidence. She is attuned to music preference interests for children, while keeping them at their skill level to avoid frustration. She is very skilled at ensuring to avoid sibling rivalry. I highly recommend her to anyone! If you have questions feel free to ask Eliana for my reference contact info to speak to me directly. Sorry I don't do facebook, but know I am a real customer.
Eliana keeps to her lesson schedule and is always on time. If she knows in advance that she cannot make the next lesson time, we will make other arrangements in advanced. She seems to really be in tune with our daughter"s interest and skill level and assigns appropriate material for her and makes lessons fun. Our daughter has established a good relationship with her. We have referred her to many of our friends for their children.
Eliana is an excellent piano teacher for my two girls. My children are 5 and 9 years old. She tailors every lesson to their skill level, personality and enthusiasm. I would whole-heartedly recommend Eli as a piano teacher.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking musical keyboard lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$40|