My methods is very simple, talk with you and find out what you like and dislike about fitness and provide recommendations based on science and your preference for you to be on the straightest path to reach your goals. Lets talk and go over how I can help you achieve your goals with my tools and resources.
I am a Certified Exercise Physiologist with years of experience teaching people how to incorporate fitness into their life to work on their schedule. I am a former college football and track and field athlete. I also have published research in the field of fitness about exercise motivation, physical activity, and athletic performance. I am a very honest and passionate person who cares about you, and how you want fitness to be apart of your life.
Bachelor of Arts, Exercise Science; Minor Physical Education
Master of Science, Exercise Physiology
ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C)
American College of Sports Medicine Member
Northland Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine
Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
EIM (Exercise is Medicine) Ambassador
Teaching Assistant, Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN Aug 2016-May 2018
● Taught three Human Anatomy Labs (BIOL 220) to Undergraduate Students every semester about a variety a system in the body which include: Skeletal, muscular, nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, reproductive, and more.
Exercise Physiologist, Anytime Fitness Mankato, MN Sept 2017-Dec 2017
● Taught Small group classes
● Provided Exercise Prescription
● Client retention and acquisition
● Motivational Interviewing/Wellness Coaching
Cardiac Rehabilitation Intern, Mayo Clinic, Mankato, MN May 2017-Aug 2017
● Administered Fitness Assessments
● Patient Education (Cardiovascular, Strength, and Flexibility)
● Obtained patient vital signs and inputted data (Blood Pressure, Heart Rate, and RPE)
● Introduced and prescribed exercise to Patients based on surgery and proper exercise progression.
● Motivational Interviewing/Wellness Coaching.
HealthFitness Intern Minneapolis, MN Aug 2015-Oct 2015
● Taught KettleBell group fitness class
● Lead stretch break
● Created case study (4 wk) for client based off fitness assessment
● Created HIIT/Triple Threat group fitness classes
● Conducted fitness orientations
● Performed facility maintenance
● Participant record keeping.
Columbia Heights High School, Columbia Heights, MN Mar 2010-Mar 2012
Sports Clinic Coach/Trainer, Columbia Heights Athletics
Assisted in managing and coaching Football and Track and Field fundamentals for kids ages 7-16 years old.
Master’s Capstone Project (Manuscript), Human Performance Department, Minnesota State University, Mankato-Mankato, MN Mar 2017-May 2018
● Research Title: Critical Power Concept: Males vs. Females and the Impact of Muscle Fiber Composition.
● Findings: Males were seen to have significantly higher W’, CP, Wpeak and BMI compared to females suggesting muscle cross sectional area potentially influences W’ and CP when comparing males and females.
Research Assistant, Human Performance Department, Minnesota State University, Mankato-Mankato MN
Data Collection Researcher Jan 2017-May 2017
● Research Title: The Effect of Activity Courses on Student’s Physical Activity In and Out of Activity Courses.
● Used accelerometers to track physical activity levels in activity courses provided at the University’s Human Performance department.
● Students who met PA requirement increased from (41.6%) to (63.4%) at the end of the semester, which could suggest the activity courses promoted physical activity in students outside of the activity classes.
Undergraduate Research and Graduate Opportunities, Augsburg College - Minneapolis, MN
Fall STEM Researcher- Health and Physical Education Department(100 Hours) Oct -Dec 2015
● Research Title: Body fat percentage changes during season, and it effects on performance time DIII female Cross Country Athletes
● Analyzed the relationship between changes in Body Composition and Performance times in Female DIII Cross Country Athletes. Percent change in VO2 Max, and body fat percent during the season was a significant predictor of ranking. Pre-season eating attitudes score were significant predictors of overall conference ranking.
Summer STEM Researcher - Health and Physical Education Department(400 Hours) Sum 2015
● Research Title: Assessing Physical Activity Levels and Motivation in an Urban Midwest Private Liberal Arts College.
● Abstract Published: Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise
○ May 2016-Volume 48-Issue 5S-p. 90
● Findings Suggest that BMI was a significant predictor of overall fitness. Males were more motivated by competition and age was a significant predictor on 5 subscales of motivation. Males had greater muscle strength and endurance, while females were more flexible.
● Awarded Innovative Student Research Grant research project from the Northland Chapter of the American College of Sports Medicine (NACSM).
Exercise Testing and Prescription
● Collecting Blood Pressure
● Aerobic Fitness Tests
● Grip Strength, Muscular strength and endurance testing
● Risk Factors
● Designed Lessons/Workout programs for children and adults.
● Utilized effective motivation techniques with clients.
● Proper lifting technique (machine lifts, Olympic lifts, body weight lifts, free weights)
● MicroFit (Assessment Software),
● Online Survey System (Survey Monkey)
● Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
● Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
● Actilife Software
Collegiate Sport Involvement
Augsburg College Football Team, Member Aug 2012-Aug 2015
Augsburg College Men’s Track and Field Team, Co-Captain Jan 2013-May 2016
Sports coach close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest fitness lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, muscle toning lessons for all!
Taking jump roping lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$82||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$129||Not available|