My teaching style is skill-based. In my teaching, I get the most out of students by emphasizing how each subject builds and develops useful skills - skills that will prove valuable to students in both their academic and professional lives.
I am a former teacher with a combined 5 years of teaching/tutoring experience in a range of subjects: English, History, French, Humanities. I have degrees in History from Swarthmore College and Yale University and have also studied literature and foreign languages.
Patrick H. McNeill
Yale University, New Haven, CT, May 2018
Master of Arts in European & Russian Studies, GPA equivalent: 3.6 to 3.8
Awards: European Studies Council Fellowship (2016-2017), Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (Summer 2017), Foreign Language and Area Studies Fellowship (2017-2018)
Swarthmore College, Swarthmore, PA, June 2014
Bachelor of Arts with Honors in History, GPA: 3.6
Horace Mann Elementary School, Washington, D.C., Partner Teacher, August 2015-June 2016
• Co-taught a 2nd-grade class
• Wrote detailed lesson plans for spelling, science, math, reading, writing, and social studies
• Co-taught social studies lessons using LARP (live action role-playing) techniques
• Tutored individual students in spelling and reading
French Ministry of Education, Pau, France, Teaching Assistant, September 2014-May 2015
• Prepared and taught daily English lessons to primary school classes
• Gave private English lessons to high school students
Swarthmore College French Department, Swarthmore, PA, Tutor, September 2013-May 2014
• Taught and mentored students in introductory French
• Facilitated conversation exercises, charted students’ progress
God’s House of Glory Baptist Church, Chester, PA, Tutor, September 2010-May 2011
• Tutored under-privileged primary and middle school students in math and reading
• Led student outings to the Philadelphia Zoo, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and other sites
The World & I Online, Washington, D.C., Intern, June-September 2014
• Wrote online content for an online educational database
• Managed and updated the company’s website
Karabakh Foundation, Washington, D.C., Intern, May-August 2013
• Wrote text for online exhibition on Azerbaijani culture, arts, sports, politics, environment, and history
• Wrote and coordinated grant proposals
Kluge Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., Research Assistant and Translator, May-June 2012
• Translated magazine and journal articles from French to English
• Created statistical database on Haitian environment, past and present
Swarthmore TOPSoccer, Swarthmore, PA, August 2011- June 2012
• Taught people with disabilities to play soccer, coordinated group activities
Maya Research Program, Blue Creek, Belize, May-June 2010
• Helped archaeologists on dig sites, helped organize and transport supplies to and from dig sites
• French – Fluent German – Proficient Spanish – Conversational
Patrick is incredibly dedicated to education and teaching. He is a caring and compassionate tutor who works hard for every student to help them achieve their best work. He is flexible and adaptable, tailoring his tutoring to each student.
Patrick is a phenomenal teacher and tutor with a wonderful manner and an excellent command of French. He is kind, patient, and I have learned so much from him.
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|