I combine my theoretical knowledge of the relevant subject matter (Accounting, Management, Strategy, etc.) with my "real world" and "practical" personality, to deliver a lasting teaching message to my students. The goal is to make you "understand" rather than simply "remember long enough to pass the test".
Financial executive with experience in all aspects of international accounting, auditing and financial management. Direct experience with valuations, financial consulting and venture capital. Industry exposure includes oil & gas, hospitality, private-label retail, franchises, software, and education.
Specialties: Contract negotiation, offshoring, financial management, financial analysis, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Candidate for Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designation.
Cancel 24 hours in advance or pay $75 cancellation fee.
ROYAL HOLIDAY Miami, FL
Vacation Club, Hotel Operator, and Real Estate Holding
• Audited and supervised the correction of financial statements and tax returns prior to filing
• Renegotiated Merchant Agreements to save 70 basis points and 5¢ per transaction
• Prepared and filed Certificates of Formation, Articles of Merger, and Articles of Dissolution
• Drafted Operating Agreements, Corporate Resolutions, and Minutes of Meetings
• Prepared and translated training manual for Treasury staff
• Periodically reviewed the work of external CPA firm
• Tended to IRS Audits
HERCULES OFFSHORE West Africa
Provider of offshore contract drilling services to the oil and gas industry
Accounting Manager – West Africa
• Tracked daily rig operating costs, including normal and major repairs and maintenance
• Assisted Managers to validate, analyze, and report project costs and operation statistics
• Regularly communicated recommendations for process improvement and cost reduction
• Assisted in the preparation of budgets, variance analyses, and new bids
• Reviewed all transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP, FCPA, and Company policy
• Prepared month-end closing accruals
• Managed client and supplier relationships
• Produced billings for drilling day rates
• Ensured the timely flow of documents to collect on receivables
• Oversaw local procurement
• Reviewed expenditures to make sure that they were properly supported and authorized
• Monitored international tax calendars to ensure compliance with local tax regulations
• Ensured that payroll charges to the various countries had the correct geographical coefficients, tax equalizations, and all relevant add-ons and deductions
• This position involved 60% travel throughout West Africa
ROYAL HOLIDAY Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep.
Vacation Club, Hotel Operator, and Real Estate Holding
• Generally oversaw financial and administrative operations for a group of 52 related companies in such diverse jurisdictions as Panama, Curacao, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Bahamas, St. Kitts, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, and the U.S.
• Prepared consolidated financial statements, variance analysis, budgets, and tax returns
• Managed interval inventory, negotiated new purchases and divestitures
• Prepared corporate procedures manuals
• Evaluated and implemented internal control systems
• Managed and trained staff of 18 direct reports
• Served as corporate officer and legal representative in court actions
• Liaised with external auditors (Price Waterhouse)
• Performed office and retail site selections, lease negotiations, and supervised build-outs
• Negotiating various contracts with Joint Venture partners, independent contractors, etc.
• Obtained regulatory approval for new ventures in Alaska, California, Texas, and Florida
• Performed operational and financial audits as necessary.
• This position involved 95% travel throughout the Caribbean, Mexico, and the United States.
GUGGENHEIM INVESTMENTS Miami, FL
Management Consulting, Financial Analysis, and Private Equity
• Modeling future results, preparing valuations and investor presentations
• Analyzing historical trends and budget variances
• Oversaw financial and administrative operations of subsidiaries in Eastern Europe and the Southwestern United States (including a Polish software company, a California-based production company, and 37 retail stores).
• Updated accounting systems and integrated newly-acquired businesses
• Prepared corporate procedures manuals, streamlined processes, and drafted business plans
• Evaluated and implemented internal control systems, and trained staff
• Evaluated potential acquisitions
• Negotiated leases and supervised build-outs
• Secured A/R factors
• Reviewed all tax returns
• This position involved 40% travel
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI Coral Gables, FL
• Regularly taught undergraduate level Financial and Managerial Accounting, and graduate level Internal Auditing courses twice a week to between 20 and 30 students at a time
• Provided one-on-one tutoring to students in most major fields of business
THE VILLAGE SOUTH Miami, FL
• Reviewed consolidation of 5 subsidiaries, audit of 3 and the accounting for 1
• Performed regular evaluations of cash, receivables, payables, and payroll
• Tracked compliance with U.S. Government grants
• Performed risk assessments and prepared budgets
• Coordinated audit work with external auditors
• Aided in the design and implementation of several internal control procedures
• Revised and approved the work of 7 staff
• Regularly proposed solutions to increase efficiency and profitability
• Conducted research, prepared reports, and aided in the development of policy manuals
accounting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, management lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|