I prioritize patience. I also believe that with languages, developing oral skills should be the primary target. Although learning how to write and use grammar correctly is important, ultimately in is more practicable to be able to speak it.
I am currently a student at Boston University with a minor in French and majoring in international relations. I worked in Paris for two months during the summer of 2017 at a non profit organization. I worked in Nigeria as well.
Sedrick K. Wali
Boston University, Boston, MA Expected May 2020
Major: International Relations & Business
Rustic Pathways Summer 2013
• Built green houses for a local population living in a harsh climate in the cold mountains of Lake Titicaca
African Leadership Acadamy Summer 2015
• Brought new and innovative ideas to quell poverty in the communities of Soweto in South Africa.
• These Ideas materialized into better ways for the populations in Soweto to receive education and have improved access to clean water.
Global Scholars Rep: 2014 – May 2016
• Represented my district for a group called Harrisburg Global Scholars
• The Group would choose students from all the school districts in the area and educate them on how to be better leaders and be more aware of the world.
Hersey Park Food Distributor, J - Vending 2015 – May 2016
• Elected as a sales person and representative for catering options around the establishment.
USSF Referee April 2013-
• Certified soccer referee for all ages
Bibliothèques Sans Frontiere Communications Officer May 2017 – August 2017
• Internship in Paris where I had to help with translations, help organize and coordinate meetings as well as events for the public.
• I worked in the Investment Banking Department within FSDH Bank in downtown Lagos, Nigeria
• I learned the skills and was responsible for creating valuations and financial analyses for various companies. Based of the valuations I did we decided whether the company was worth taking as clients. Was also responsible for making investor presentations.
• BU French Club
• BU Snowboarding Team
• IM Basketball and Soccer
• Finance Club
• Accounting Club
• Bilingual; speaking both French and English Fluently
• Basic Conversational Spanish
• Four Citizenships – French, Nigerian, American, German
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office on both IOS and PC
• Great understanding of Social Media
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|