Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences and Master's degree with certification in Physician Assistant Studies. My tutoring methodology remains flexible and personalized to my students. I like to set a baseline of the student's knowledge, explore areas of weakness but also further enhance strength areas. And I always use the teach-back method because I believe you never truly know something until you can teach it!
Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences and Master's degree with certification in Physician Assistant Studies. 2 years experience tutoring in sciences, mainly 1-on-1 settings but I would be comfortable with small groups. Proficiency in Spanish language with experience studying abroad for language credit.
University of North Texas Health Science Center, Fort Worth, TX July 2017 – May 2020
Master of Physician Assistant Studies, with Honors
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ August 2012 – May 2016
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science with minors in Chemistry and Spanish
Tutor December 2019 – Present
UNTHSC Center for Academic Performance Fort Worth, TX
• Tutored UNTHSC physician assistant students in various courses by creating lessons and practice questions.
• Created detailed tutor reports following each session to track student progress in collaboration with the Center for Academic Performance.
• Maintained flexibility and consistent communication with students regarding sessions and progress.
Medical Scribe August 2016 – May 2017
Valle Del Sol Family Medicine and Urgent Care Phoenix, AZ
• Documented history, physical, diagnostic orders, and treatment plan for each patient encounter under the supervision of a family medicine physician.
• Expanded Spanish language skills and medical Spanish vocabulary by providing care to a predominantly Hispanic population.
Biomedical Science Community Mentor August 2015 – May 2016
Northern Arizona University Flagstaff, AZ
• Served as an upperclassman mentor to 20 incoming BioSciences freshmen students.
• Created scientific, educational events that fostered learning and community among students.
• Attended weekly team meetings to plan new events and identify areas of strength and weakness.
Mercy Clinic November 2019
• Volunteer run clinic for underserved population limited to select lab, imaging, and treatment resources.
HOME Clinic February 2018 – August 2018
• Student run clinic held at local homeless shelter to provide screening services and patient education.
Diabetes Education September 2017 – December 2017
• Student run organization “Diabeaters” that holds educational meetings at local homeless shelter to provide free patient education for diabetics.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest anatomy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physiology lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$14||$14|