I have my BS in Geology with an Environmental Option from Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO. FLC's geology program is top-notch and very specialized. I received a 3.53 GPA and am very knowledgeable about Earth Systems, Physical Geology, Mineralogy, Petrology, Chemistry I & II, Physics (non-calc based), Calc I & II, Sedimentary Stratigraphy, Structural Geology, Geomorphology, Economic Geology, Engineering Geology, Groundwater, PowerPoint Presentations, ArcGIS, MS Excel, figure creation, scientific writing, scientific reports, lab reports, Field Methods I & II, Business Statistics, US Environmental History, and senior thesis work.
I have experience with many scientific projects in the field that involved collecting samples and writing a report on the studies of the samples. I can identify minerals and rocks with ease, do most math calculations, and talk about anything geology related. I completed a field camp, senior thesis, advanced geo chem class about the Gold King Mine Spill, and have been a part of publications. I also have other experience in customer service, hard labor, and delivery. I consider myself to be helpful, accommodating, and knowledgable.
My rates are based on average Fort Collins rates. I charge for travel.
I’m a recent college graduate with a passion for geology and science, looking for an opportunity to apply my knowledge and experience while learning within a professional environment.
• Proficient with MS Office, GIS ArcMap, and AquaChem.
• Experienced with AutoCAD and Maptek Vulcan.
• Experienced with minor mechanical maintenance and hand tools.
Vail, CO (Bowling Desk Attendant)
• Responsibilities: Reservations, shoes, balls, bussing, and minor mechanical maintenance.
• Dave Perzanowski (Manager) (concealed information)
Wildorado Warmbloods 06/2016-07/2016
Durango, CO (Ranch hand)
• Responsibilities: Feeding horses, cleaning pens, and landscaping.
• Mac Burkett (Owner) (concealed information)
Senior Thesis- Fort Lewis College 01/2015-05/2016
Roll-Front Deposits and the Process of Inherently Safe In Situ Recovery of Uranium (ISISR)
• Conducted a literature review, poster, and power point presentation with research on the various types of uranium deposits and the process of ISISR.
• Research topics: complexing, fluid sources and pathways, eh-pH, uranium deposit types, uses for uranium, and ISISR.
Field Methods II 05/2015
Ouray, Canyon City, & Leadville, Colorado
• Mapped dikes, faults, geologic units, and bedding planes.
• Camped outside for a month.
• Drafted cross sections and geologic maps of a two square mile area near Ouray, CO, a two square mile area near Big Gypsum Valley, Utah and an eight square mile area near Canyon City, CO.
Beaver Crepes/ Mamie’s Mountain Grill 11/2012-02/2014
Avon, CO (Vail Resorts Chef Seasonal Position)
• Responsibilities: Prepared crepes, burgers, and sandwiches, operated the cashier, prepped, cleaned, bussed, and greeted guests.
• Nancy Hanrahan (Manager) (concealed information)
Fire Hjorner Farm 05/2013-08/2013
Durango, CO (Ranch Hand)
• Responsibilities: Feeding horses, cleaning pens, rock wall building, field maintenance and landscaping.
• Erica H. Max (owner) (concealed information)
Dominos Pizza 07/2011-05/2012
Avon, CO (Delivery Driver)
• Responsibilities: Delivering Pizza, cleaning, cooking pizza, and taking orders.
• Mike (Manager) (concealed information)
A la Car 06/2008-03/2010
Avon, CO (Delivery Driver)
• Responsibilities: Copied orders over the radio, picked up food, and delivered food to the customer.
• CJ Tenner (owner) (concealed information)
Fort Lewis College, Durango, Colorado
Bachelor of Science in Geological Science with an Environmental Option
Graduated April 30th, 2016
GPA: 3.53 on a 4.0 scale
Courses included but not limited to:
Economic Mineral Deposits Engineering Geology
Groundwater Structural Geology
GIS Calculus II
Environmental Geochemistry Mineralogy
• Member of the Fort Lewis College Geology Club, 2013-2016
• Mineral Hunting, Mountain Climbing, and Skiing
• Introduction to Vulcan Certificate, December 2015
• Toured Goldstrike Mine (Barrick) with Julie Taylor, Genesis Mine (Newmont) and Gold Quarry Mine (Newmont) with Rachel Burgess, Chino Mine (Freeport) with Patricia Frisch, and Lisbon Valley Mine (Lisbon Valley Mining Company), March-April 2016
• Coauthor on “The Animas River Toxic Spill: Using Current Events to Teach Geology, Geochemistry, and Presentation Skills to Undergraduate Geology Majors at Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO” poster presented at the New Mexico Geological Society Annual Spring Meeting 2016
References Available Upon Request
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$39||$33|
|5 hours||Not available||$48||$165|
|10 hours||Not available||$68||$330|