I am a German adjunct who teaches at Monmouth University, West Long Branch, New Jersey
I can teach anyone , I use the communicative approach - Lesson structure
Pronunciation - Alphabet, Greetings
Listening - German music
Reading - German essays, books, textbooks
Writing - answering questions , by repeating and writing down ,
I am calm , explain everything in detail, provide all teaching materials. I am available most days . Will travel 20 miles away from Old Bridge, NJ where I reside. I also teach online
I have been teaching German for over 5 years
I taught over 500 students on a college level
I have 3 private students
Most of my students have gotten A's and B's in my classes.
Most of my students can ask simple questions , my private students have achieved high level of German.
550B Mapleview Dr. Old Bridge, NJ 08857
Phone (concealed information) / Email (concealed information)
Position Sought: German Teacher/Tutor
With Professional Expertise In Areas Of:
Classroom Management: Creating & demonstrating an equitable, rewards-based learning environment establishing clear behavioral expectations establishing/following instructional best practices, creative curriculum development utilizing learner assessment/ standardized testing & scoring involving experiential learning with mainstream & special needs students.
Performance Teaching: Utilizing differentiated instruction for interactive cooperative and whole group lessons targeting learning gaps/aptitudes, inspiring developing students to higher levels of academic success incorporating multilingual curriculum.
Interpreting/Translating: Converted concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language. Familiar with cultural references, such as slang and other expressions that may not be able to translate literally. Checked and edited translated material.
Multilingual Teaching: Presenting detailed composition grammar, creative writing, and literature in Formal German, Polish and English languages with oral/written communication along with verbatim translations compensating for nuances between various European cultures to incorporate social & cultural awareness along with state mandated learning requirements.
Software Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint 07-13), Adobe Photoshop Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
Educational & Professional Development
M.A., German Literature Studies: Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ, January 2013
B.A., German Language Studies & Minor: Political Science: Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ, May 2006
Career History With Areas of Notable Accomplishments In:
09/2014 to Present: German Adjunct Professor: Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
• Taught introductory German
• Worked as the German language coordinator
• Prepared all tests and quizzes
• Enforced communicative teaching method of the German language
09/2013 to 12/2013: German Adjunct | Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ
• Taught Introductory German 122 in a communicative way
• Taught two sections of Introductory German 121, the last 4 weeks of class
• Prepared all tests and quizzes
• Created course specific syllabus
• Facilitated group work
• Introduced new study methods for students
01/2013 to 05/2013: Teaching Assistant: Rutgers University, New Brunswick NJ
• Taught and assisted instruction for introductory German
• Facilitated group exercises/activities
• Provided one-on-one tutoring
• Promoted language interaction between students
10/ 2007 – 05/2008: College Assistant Coordinator | Kean University, Union NJ
• Assisted instructional staff in the development of classroom resources, instructional matters and curriculum materials
• Informed weekend college students of campus activities, departmental offerings and special programs available to all students
• Prepared schedules and pamphlets needed for Student activities/development
09/2001 – 03/2003: Research Assistant | Rutgers University Sociology Department
• Researched foreign history books for project
• Paraphrased specific passages and translated from Polish to English
• Proofread, edited and revised translated passages
german lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - german lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$125||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$2||$300|