With French, I prefer immersive learning and try to avoid using English as much as possible. I believe that repetitive exercises are effective for foreign language acquisition. For this reason, I believe it is incredibly important that each student use a workbook of some sort--and I can certainly recommend some great options. When learning a foreign language, it is also important to continuously build on past lessons with consistent review and incorporation of previous topics into new ones. Additionally, working on well-rounded communication with the language is vital. By this I mean balancing practice reading, speaking, writing and listening. Too often teachers and schools place their focus on reading and writing when it is so important to improve verbal and listening skills. I'll incorporate all of these concepts into each lesson and provide homework if the student wishes.
I am a graduate from the University of Minnesota with a B.A. in French Language and Literature. Though I am not a native speaker, I have been studying French since I was 11 years old and am fluent in the language. I also worked at the Alliance Francaise in Minneapolis, a French cultural center dedicated to provided French classes to both children and adults, as well as cultural events. Since relocating to Richmond, I have been tutoring one adult student in French. However, during college I tutored in English and ACT Prep. I also volunteered as a tutor for elementary ESL students during high school to help them improve their reading and writing skills. .
B.A. French Language and Literature, College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota. GPA 3.7. Class of 2016
French ACTFL Exam, Spring 2015 score of Advanced Low
Diploma, Minnetonka High School, Minnetonka, Minnesota. GPA 4.0, Summa Cum Laude Class of 2012
McGraw-Hill Education/Lumina Datamatics, February 2018-Present
Freelance Permissions Negotiator-French
• Negotiates copyright permissions for French language materials for use in foreign language education texts.
• Assesses French language textbook manuscripts for potential materials requiring copyright permission.
• Maintains detailed logs of qualitative data related to the project
• Maintains and develops relationships and contacts with francophone writers and publication houses.
Circle Square Salon, March 2018-June 2018
Front Desk Assistant
• Created a warm and welcoming environment for clients as the salon’s primary customer service contact.
• Utilized VagaroPro software app for scheduling, point-of-sale, and client record maintenance.
• Responded to e-mail and phone requests for appointment scheduling.
• Acted as the liaison between the client and the stylist, ensuring any concerns, compliments or questions are effectively communicated between the two parties.
• Maintained in-depth knowledge of salon services and products in order to better assist clients.
• Assisted with the day-to-day running of the salon.
The American Heart Association, July 2017-February 2018
Administrative Assistant, Youth Market
• Supported a team of fourteen fundraising directors in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
• Provided administrative support for Jump Rope for Heart, Hoops for Heart and other health and wellness-based fundraising events in schools.
• Utilized Microsoft Dynamics CRM database for event and fundraising data management, as well as Blackbaud Luminate.
• Managed inventory and ordering of materials for event-based fundraising.
• Created reports to track fundraising, recruitment and other relevant data for use by Youth Market Directors.
• Crafted communication pieces as needed for distribution during school fundraisers.
• Provided any additional support to ensure the success of the team's fundraising efforts.
The Alliance Française of Mpls/St. Paul, February 2016-February 2018
• Served as primary customer service contact for members and students.
• Used Arc-en-Ciel CRM database system to maintain records pertaining to memberships, students and course registrations.
• Prepared membership and development communications, and course surveys for distribution.
• Recorded cash and credit card deposits and updated customer accounts using QuickBooks accounting software.
• Provided administrative support to office manager, educations director, membership coordinator and accountant.
• Assisted with organization’s Facebook and website management.
Peace Coffee, January 2017-July 2017
• Provided outstanding customer service to customers by filling drink and food orders in a timely, professional manner.
• Performed cashier duties, prepares deposits, and reconciles sales and payments at the end of each shift.
• Utilized La Marzocco espresso machine to pull espresso shots and steam milk for composed drinks.
• Attended meetings and trainings to ensure consistency of service and quality of beverages.
Northern Lights Tea Company, September 2014-May 2016
• Sold bulk tea to customers and provided expert advice on merchandise.
• Managed inventory and ordering to ensure consistent supply of merchandise.
• Performed cashier duties, prepared deposits, and reconciled sales and payments each day.
Varsity Tutors, September 2014-September 2015
• Tutored students in a variety of subjects such as English, History, French, ACT Prep, Reading and AP courses using both online and in-person platforms.
• Planned lessons and assessed progress of students.
The Wake Magazine, University of Minnesota, January 2013-March 2014
Sound & Vision Assistant Editor & Writer
• Worked in tandem with lead Sound & Vision editor to ensure high creative and technical quality of the arts and entertainment section.
• Pitched articles to student staff writers for each biweekly issue.
• Interviewed local artists, musicians and creatives for the Q&A section feature of each issue.
• Reported on and reviewed arts, music and culture events and news in the Twin Cities.
• Edited articles for grammar, content and quality using AP Style standards.
• Contributed to the brand and mission of the magazine: to provide a voice for students as well as a source for information on campus, as well as a forum for opinions, creativity and diversity.
Radio K, September 2013-March 2014
Co-Host of “Off the Record”
• Worked with co-host of Off the Record to develop content for the local music show.
• Prepared playlists of local music for weekly airings during the local music show time slot.
• Scheduled local musicians for the live in-studio each week.
• Interviewed local musicians during the live in-studio to provide a background and story to the music they play on-air.
• Managed social media accounts for the show including Facebook and Twitter.
• Followed and participated in the local music scene to stay up-to-date on new releases for airplay.
• Represented Radio K and the local music show in the Twin Cities community.
University of Minnesota, Department of Mechanical Engineering, October 2012-August 2013
• Processed graduate admission applications and organized them for review by faculty using FileMaker Pro.
• Provided general administrative support to faculty including copying, filing, preparing materials, etc.
Volunteer, Grease Rag: Bicycle Maintenance Workshops for Women, Trans, and Femme communities, Minneapolis, MN 2016-2017
Volunteer, Animal Humane Society of Minnesota, Golden Valley, MN 2014-2015
Volunteer, Minnesota Public Radio, Twin Cities, MN 2011-2012
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral comprehension - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$110||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$105||$200|