I try to teach my students according to their specific learning style. When teaching A&P and chemistry, I would create concept maps or diagrams to convey concepts. I would also make test questions for students to help prep for exams.
I am a graduate student who has been giving tutoring lessons for over three years in a variety of subjects (Algebra I, SAT/ACT prep, general chemistry, A&P). I've tutored many students and know how to help students improve their performance. I have learned to adapt my teaching style in a way that will make them feel most comfortable about their own abilities! Utilize a variety of learning methods such as creating concept maps, practice questions, and diagrams to help students learn effectively.
University of Texas at Austin 2010- 2014
Public Health Major BS
Masters of Speech Pathology present- 2021
Our Lady of the Lake University
Anatomy and Physiology I and II tutor at Del Mar College
12 hours/ week; 102 hours
• Help students go over any fundamental concepts in anatomy and physiology I and II
• Assist students with any questions in their respective note sets.
• Create study exercises in order to help students grasp material in a more efficient way: making diagrams, concept maps, etc.
• Presented Workshop on Anatomy and Physiology Topics for HESE exam: neurobiology, circulatory system, urinary system, etc.
General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Anatomy & Physiology I and II tutor at Texas A&M- Corpus Christi 12 hours/ weeks; 180 hours 15 minutes
• Help students conceptualize basic general and organic
chemistry concepts through series of practice problems, specifically homework set questions and ALEKS.
• Help students learn test-taking strategies, in order to improve performance on examinations.
• Create study aids such as diagrams, concepts maps, in order to learn material in more conducive way.
• Mandatory trainings and evaluations completed weekly in order to improve skills as tutor.
2017-2019 Dynamic Learning Tutor- General Chemistry, SAT/ACT Tutor,
Basic Science Tutor, Algebra I
(March 2017- present) 80 hours 48 minutes
• Help students conceptualize concepts in general chemistry, organic chemistry, and anatomy and physiology I and II
• Tutor students on standardized tests, specifically the SAT and ACT.
o Improved overall reading comprehension skills by providing tips/ hints to approach reading questions.
o Taught specific grammar rules for the writing/ language section
o Assisted students on how to approach math problems on the SAT
• Algebra I
• World Problems
• Algebra I tutor
• Assists students to improve their overall test-taking skills and strategies.
2018- 2019 Language Comprehension Tutor 8 hours
• Help student with reading fluency exercises twice a week (increments of 30 minute sessions)
o Specifically with pronunciation of blended consonant clusters
• -mp, -ck, -ou, -ough
• Test for correct annunciation of words
• Help improve comprehension techniques by allowing student to read a single story, asking student to summarize essential aspects story, and answering open-ended questions to gauge overall understanding and critical reasoning skills.
• Official documentation/records kept on a daily basis to chart progress.
2015 Medical Scribe for South Texas Pulmonary and
Critical Care Associates
(January –May) 80 hours
• Work closely with physician, pull out inpatients chart, record vitals, and write physician orders.
• Pull up X-rays and CT scans for the inpatients
• Work with E clinical works program
2016 Eyewear Consultant at Lens Crafters 12 hrs/ week
(January- May) 153 hours
• Greeting customers, providing assistance in selection of various lens, frame selection, and pricing
• Informing customers about different lenses use: progressive, single vision, or bifocal.
• Strong communication skills needed in order to develop rapport with customers.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|