I am a professional graphic designer who teaches others part time. I seek to help students in need of assistance in their coursework, small business owners who need branding and marketing knowledge, and those who have yet to break into the industry professionally. I teach beginners by capitalizing on their strengths and passions and show more often than tell.
I am the head graphic designer at an educational nonprofit organization in Louisville, Kentucky and have served for 3 years. I've taught graphic design for 6 months to three individuals, and each have increased their brand identity and seen improvement in their brands' recognition. I've created several posters, ads, a card game, social media assets, a website, and countless children's worksheets at my current position. I also have done many commissioned works of the same nature, including logos and digital illustrations. I have a bachelor of science in graphic design, as well as certificates in mastery of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Artistic and driven graphic designer and creative content producer with achievement in print and digital media.
Bachelor of Science in Creative Media Production with minor in Graphic Design • cum laude •
May 2017 • Arkansas State University • Jonesboro Arkansas
• Page Layout
• Character Design
• Package Design
• Print and Publication
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Audition
• Adobe Premiere Pro
• Adobe After Effects
• Adobe Animate
• Windows and Mac Literacy
• Camera Operation
• Audio/Video Production
Graphic Designer • Creating and improving brand assets for an expanding company (May 2018 - Present)
Global Game Changers Children’s Education Initiative • Louisville, KY • under co-founder Janice Helson
Independent Artist • Cartooning and social media marketing (June 2016 - Present)
Self-employment from home • Jonesboro, AR • Milwaukee, WI • Louisville, KY • Cameron McNeil
Substitute Teacher • Working with children of all ages, prioritizing safety (September 2017 - May 2018)
Bullitt County Public Schools • Shepherdsville, KY • managed by Jennifer Wooley
Copy and Print Associate • Fulfilling print orders and meeting expectations (July 2017 - September 2017)
Office Depot • Louisville, KY • managed by Katherine Oberfrank
Nonprofit branding and design with a team
• Designing classroom assets to aid educators and creating advertisements to appeal to donors
• Authoring and editing a company brand standards guide to focus brand clarity and recognition
• Creating branded card game, packages, posters, and greeting cards to increase exposure
Living by comission
• Working with clients to create appropriate designs for their social media profiles
• Designing banners, editing profile pictures, and illustrating character content for personal use
• Shooting and directing independent films and videos for personal use and online local news coverage
Professionalism with a new skill
• Maintained order and school mandates in classrooms of grades 1-12
• Taught provided lessons using PowerPoint
• Resolved conflict quickly and without incident with flexibility and improvisation
Artistry under pressure
• Completed print projects including: flyer, poster, banner, and business card creation with peak rapport with clients
• Met 24-hour production time deadline consistently and with accolades from management and clients
• Practiced salesmanship and up-selling to fit client needs and bolster company success
photoshop lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest graphic design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, illustrator lessons for all!
Taking indesign lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|