Homepage
Tutoring jobs
$30/h
Unfortunately, this teacher is unavailable
Verified teacher profile
Response Time 24h
Lessons offered by Kevin
  • Individual
  • In group
The lessons will be held
  • at his home
  • at your home
Taught subjects
  • Physics
  • Algebra
  • Trigonometry
  • Statistics
  • Other sciences
  • Physics - Chemistry
Levels
  • Sophomore
  • Junior
  • Senior

High School Calculus, Physics, and Astronomy Teacher for 15 years, as well as Course Counselor

Methodology

I have taught high school math and science for 1 years, and I love the subjects very much. I am always looking for ways to improve my knowledge, and become better at translating it to students.
I encourage thinking, and figuring things out for oneself as much as possible.
I encourage the student to define what he or she is doing, and question it as well.

Background

I have been teaching for 15 years, and have given private lessons for the last 5 years
My class sizes have been as small as 2, and as large as 45.
99% of my students have went on to college. The other 1% to the military.

Rates

Rate for a 1-hour lesson. : $30/h
Lessons offered by Kevin
Individual
In group
The lessons will be held
at his home
at your home
Taught subjects
  • Physics
  • Algebra
  • Trigonometry
  • Statistics
  • Other sciences
  • Physics - Chemistry
Levels
  • Sophomore
  • Junior
  • Senior

Kevin's resume

I have a Bachelor degree form Cal Poly Pomona, where I studied aerospace engineering, behavior science, marketing, and kinesiology. Although I ended up graduating with Behavior Science degree, I have constantly studied the California standards of math and science.

Similar teachers

physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.

Cypress
Electrical engineering graduate offering math tutoring online and in the Orange County area of California.
$10
Matt
  • (1 reviews)
1st lesson free!

I like to start from the beginning and work step-by-step with as much patience as is needed. The first step is always to...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
Anaheim
Credentialed Math Teacher in Anaheim, CA with 15 years math tutoring experience!
$40
Amy
  • (1 reviews)
1st lesson free!

I am a very patient and adaptable tutor. I love to use color (very helpful for understanding processes and drawing...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
Bellflower
CSUDH Graduate offering Algebra and Geometry tutoring in Bellflower City with 5 years experience.
$25
Darvis
1st lesson free!

My best teaching method is to relate and compare. I have a great relationship towards students when it comes to gaming and...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
La Mirada
Encouraging and successful math teacher and tutor with more than10 years experience.
$50
Marissa
1st lesson free!

I am VERY encouraging when I tutor! I want to enable students to be able to learn on their own eventually and to believe in...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
Buena Park
A college student with 4.0 GPA gives private math and science tutoring sessions at home in Buena Park, CA.
$13
Annie
1st lesson free!

I base my teaching method on the learning style of my student and where they are with their current knowledge. I will cover...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
Anaheim
Mathematics student with 3 years of professional classroom tutoring and over 4 years of one-on-one tutoring.
$17
Tiffany
1st lesson free!

I am very patient and understanding when it comes to math as I am a math student myself. I begin instruction by asking what...

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
Bellflower
College student teacher with AA degree in transfer and pursuing BA at CSUDH.
$16
Darvis
  • (1 reviews)
1st lesson free!

My teaching method includes direct meaning of the subject, why is it important, and how you will use/see it in real life.

Lessons by webcam In-person lessons Approved profile
at his home at your home By webcam
1 hour $30 $30 Not available
Unfortunately, this teacher is unavailable