Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and Pedagogy (Secondary Education); certified in ESL and English Language Arts and Reading (8-12); Master of Education in School Counseling; teaching at the high school level for four years; currently classroom based in the high school setting
Students receiving instruction have shown a year's of reading level growth and mastery of up to 2000 words in English; students have met satisfactory growth in accordance with Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS). Students improve their conversational skills in accordance with an academic year of growth.
Alief Independent School District – Taylor High School August 2016 to present
• Facilitate instruction of English using research based strategies to develop students English language proficiency
• Monitoring domains of English proficiency with activities including listening, speaking, reading, and writing
• Conferencing with students to monitor and reflect on their progress
• Using research based curriculum and supporting materials including technology
Houston Independent School District – Worthing High School August 2012 to June 2016
• Coordinate support and instructional accommodations for English Language Learners
• Identify language proficiency through testing and placement tools including OLPT, IOWA/CAT, personal interview, and transcript review
• Monitor grades through progress reports and report cards
• Coordinate TELPAS Testing
• Facilitate English instruction for all-levels of high school English
• Teaching rhetoric (persuasive) strategies for two years in support of the College Board’s Advanced Placement (AP) Language and Composition
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Houston Baptist University November 2007 to January 2011
• Graduate Program Coordinator September 2009 - January 2011
• Graduate Admissions Coordinator/ Receptionist June 2008 - August 2009
• Secretary to the Vice President of Operations November 2007 - May 2008
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest accent reduction - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, TOEFL lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||$135||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||$270||$300|