I believe in making students feel comfortable and tailoring the type of instruction I use to the learner. I make sure to incorporate the four skill areas into my lessons (speaking, reading, writing and listening). I use a variety of methods to ensure that my student(s) understand the material completely.
I am currently a high school Spanish teacher at a large school east of Pittsburgh. I have been a language teacher in the United States and abroad. I have taught all levels of Spanish (level 1-AP). I have also taught all ages of students: from 3 yrs to 70 yrs.
Cancellation needs to be a full 24 hours to avoid charge.
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
Masters Program in Education
Slippery Rock University, Slippery Rock, PA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary Education, May 1999
Certifications: Spanish K12, English 6-12
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Spanish Language and Culture, May 1999
Minor in German Language and Culture, May 1999
Quality Point Average: Overall 3.97
Summa Cum Laude
Instituto Central América, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Fundación Ortega y Gasset, Toledo, Spain Summer 1995
High School Teacher - Spanish
Penn Trafford High School, Harrison City, PA (August 2014 - present)
● Currently teach Spanish level 2, Spanish level 2 Honors, Spanish 3 Honors, MS Spanish 1
● Afterschool tutoring
● Organizer and leader of Costa Rica Trip 2015 and Peru Trip 2017
● Participated in workshops and conferences in regards to foreign language learning,
technology and standards.
High School On-line Teacher - Spanish
Central Cambria High School, Ebensburg, PA (April - June 1st 2016)
-Provided on-line instruction, support and evaluation for students in Spanish 3 and AP Spanish while district teacher was on maternity leave.
-Interaction with students done through Google Classroom
-Uploaded videos, provided feedback and evaluated student work via Google Classroom.
-Created assignments that were posted in Google Classroom.
High School Teacher Spanish and English
Baldwin High School, Pittsburgh, PA (August 1999 2007 and 2012 2014)
● Taught all levels of Spanish: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Honors
● Spanish Club advisor
● Afterschool tutoring advisor
● Organizer and leader of Costa Rica Trip 2015
● Designed, developed and wrote book for Spanish IV
● Wrote curriculum for Spanish I and 9th grade English courses.
● Participated in technology workshops in regards
to foreign language learning.
● Participated in workshops focusing on teaching
style, teaching English to foreign students,
maximizing student learning and student assessment.
● Taught 9th grade English courses from 19992001.
● Middle States Accreditation Committee 2012 2013
○ chosen by administration
○ part of small team involved closely with
● BYOD Committee / Bring Your Own Device ○
committee designed to create plan to integrate
personal technological devices into the classroom
Spanish Videographer and Elementary Spanish Video Teacher, Franklin Regional School District
(through blendedschools.net) (Sept 2011 to 2017)
● Provide daily Spanish instruction via videos for Franklin Regional School District's elementary
● Designed the scope and sequence for 150 videos per level
● Created curriculum for each Spanish video set in Atlas Curriculum Mapping
● Designed and make the lessons for daily videos.
● Recorded, edited and uploaded into Blackboard each video so that teachers may access them on a daily basis.
Online High School Spanish and ESL Teacher Blendedschools.net (2009 - 2012)
● Taught all levels of Spanish for Blendedschools Language Institute.
● Developed online classes for Spanish I, II and III
● Have extensive experience using Blackboard and its tools, as well as Wimba Classroom and EluminateLive.
● Attended numerous online teacher training workshops.
● Developed Spanish I IV course outlines for blendedschools.
● Was part of Spanish Curriculum Review Team for blendedschools
● Was head instructor for BSN's ESL program in Beijing, China
Spanish Instructor, The Ellis School Pittsburgh, PA (Fall 2011)
● Instructor for Elementary Spanish After School Adventures Program
● Created lessons and taught two after school elementary groups ranging from PreK to 4th grade
Private Spanish Instructor -Pittsburgh, PA (1998 - present)
● Created lessons for Penn Trafford Recreation Centers for Adult Spanish Classes and Children's Spanish Classes. (Spring 2016)
● Ran and created lessons for Children's Spanish Classes that I taught weekly for children ages 3 8. (at my home and previously at the Union Project in Highland Park)
● At Slippery Rock University assisted and instructed students in all levels of Spanish, German and English composition and taught English as a Second Language to Japanese students. English as a Foreign
Language Professor Universidad de los Andes, Mérida, Venezuela (Sept 2001July 2002)
● Taught English Levels I, III, V and X and Conversation to Venezuelan University students.
● Proposed, developed and wrote curriculum for Fundaidiomas English Writing Course.
● Taught English Writing Course for 2 semesters.
● Mentored fellow teachers in foreign language lesson plan development.
Volunteer English Teacher Mérida, Venezuela (Sept 2001 - July 2002)
● Created private lessons for beginning individuals (mostly children from the neighborhood).
● Held biweekly conversation tables with individuals from university and community.
● Formed a private literature class that read, responded to and discussed short stories.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|