I have been speaking French for 30 years. I am patient with my students, and I customize your lessons, depending on your needs. I help with homework, building a solid grammar base, conversation, and anything else you need. I work with students of all ages and all levels.
I was a French-speaking educator for many years. I have tutored students for three years. I have helped high school students raise their grades from D to A. I have helped adults rekindle their love for the French language, and I have done everything in between.
My 24 cancellation policy is:
If you cancel 24 hours prior to your lesson, you are not charged for the lesson.
If you cancel less than 24 hours prior, you are charged 75% of your lesson fee.
If you are sick or have other special circumstances, and can't cancel 24 hours prior, you are not charged for the lesson.
M A R Y A N N E P A C E
10350 W. El Morado Court
Boise, I da h o 83709 U S A
Tel: (concealed information), or Email: (concealed information)
SUMMARY OF COMPETENCIES:
• French Language Interpretation and Translation in all disciplines
• French Language Tutor
• Internet and Video Based Interpreting and Tutoring Modalities
• Cross Cultural Relations and Relationship Building
• Education and Curriculum Development
BRIEF LIST OF WORK EXPERIENCE:
It’s All French To Me, Principal
• Freelance French Language Tutor
Tutor students of all ages and abilities in the French language.
• Freelance French Language Interpreter and Translator
• Conduct Interpreting from French to English in all disciplines for local and long-distance
clients, including in-person and video/online interpreting.
• Translate documents from French into English.
Ada County Paramedics, Boise, Idaho USA
Education Program Manager
• Directed all educational activities for a 120-member countywide 911 emergency medical services agency. Also acted as American Heart Association’s Regional Training Center Coordinator. Managed five full-time staff and 30 part-time instructors.
Global Immunization Division/U.S. Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA, USA, Public Health Advisor, STOP Team
• Coordinated and implemented CDC STOP (Stop Transmission of Polio) training program.
Idaho Immunization Program/Department of Health and Welfare, Boise, Idaho
Health Program Specialist
• Monitored, evaluated, and educated 100 immunization programs that participated in the national Vaccines for Children program.
HEALTHWISE, INCORPORATED, Boise, Idaho, USA
Senior Health Promotion Consultant
• Consulted with managed care organizations on issues of medical self-care.
. U.S. PEACE CORPS Senegal, West Africa
Community Development Specialist, Ministry of Social Development
• Initiated self-help development projects in multiple villages, including health education, well digging, and vegetable gardening.
CROSS CULTURAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM, Seattle Washington, USA
- Bridging the Gap Medical Interpreting Certification Program
COLLEGE OF SOUTHERN IDAHO, Twin Falls, Idaho, USA
- Emergency Medical Technician Certification
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA (UCLA), Los Angeles, California, USA
- Master of Public Health degree. Emphasis in international health, health care management, and
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, Santa Barbara, California, USA
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and International Relations
TRAINING AND OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
CROSS CULTURAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM BRIDGING THE GAP Medical Interpreter Course, Seattle, Washington, USA, 2016. Attained highest grade in the class.
Currently working on national certifications in tutoring and translation.
Emergency Medical Technician, 2011-2015
Medical Interpreting Certificate, current
Currently pursuing tutoring certification
• Ada County Paramedics
Numerous courses and training guides for large EMS agency.
• Numerous courses, training materials, published magazine articles
and editorial work for major book publishing companies.
ORGANIZATIONS AND CERTIFICATES:
Certified Health Education Specialist (1990-1997)
Idaho Foodbank Board of Directors, (1995-2000) and (2006-2012); Board President 2008-2009
National Association of EMS Educators (2008-2014)
Idaho EMS Education Rules Task Force, Chair (2010–2014)
Idaho Humane Society volunteer, current
Numerous Interpreting, Tutoring, and Translation Organizations, current
Native language English; full professional fluency in French; basic level Spanish, Wolof, Mandinka
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|