My passion is educating others in a way that is relevant to them: helping students make connections and give them the skills and desire to understand how interconnected our collective history and geography are to us all! I like to make the ancient and obscure relevant to the present, it is the best way to understand the world around us!
I have been a student of history since a very young age, majoring in both History and Geography in college. Since I was in college, I tutored classmates and younger students, eventually leading group education sessions. I have tutored dozens of students in the 9 years since graduation, helping them understand the context of what they are learning, convey their ideas through essays and ultimately improve their grades.
Cancel 24 hours in advance, otherwise there is a 1 hour charge.
• June 2009 - University of Oregon; Eugene, OR
Bachelor of Arts: History
• June 2012 - Portland State University, Portland, OR
Master of Public Administration
Emphasis: Health Administration and Policy
• September 2006 to March 2009 – University of Oregon
• June 2007 to August 2008 – Camp Solomon Schechter
Camper Education Director
• June 2009 to May 2010 – University of Oregon
NCAA Compliance and Eligibility Specialist
• September 2010 to June 2012 – Portland State University
• June 2012 to November 2012 – Mercedes of Portland
Warranty and Compliance Officer
• November 2012 to Present – United States Navy
Commissioned as Medical Service Corps Officer
• May 2015 to October 2017 - Navy College Afloat
Professor: taught History, Geography, Current Events and Political Science
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking general knowledge lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|