I have taught African Civilization, Cultural Anthropology and Cultures of the World for 14 years at Brookdale Community College, Lincroft, New Jersey, U.S.A. These are Associate Degree students who will eventually transfer to universities and four-year colleges to earn their Bachelor degrees. I have experience in teaching Cultural Anthropology to university students for 5 years and American Government to four- year college students for 2 years. I have considerable experience in teaching Sociology and World History with 15 years of experience in teaching social studies in the primary, high school and teacher training colleges.
Social Studies – units/themes.
(1) Conceptual framework/definition of Social Studies.
(2) Ways of teaching Social Studies: basic field techniques, instructional, strategies and approaches.
(3) Some basic communities to which all Humans belong: The family
(4) The School
(5) The village/town community
(6) Science, Technology and Society
(7) People, Places, and Environment
(8) Civic Ideals and Practices
(9) Global Problems
Sociology – units/themes.
(1) Introduction/Sociological Imagination.
(4) Race and Ethnicity
(6) Social Structure
(7) Groups & Formal Organizations
(8) Collective Behavior
(9) Social Stratification
Cultural Anthropology – units/themes.
(1) The nature of Anthropology
(2) Research Methods in Anthropology
(3) Culture and Culture Change
(4) Getting Food
(5) Economic Systems
(6) Sex and Gender
(7) Marriage, Family, Kinship, and Residence
(8) Religion and Magic
(9) Health and Illness
African Civilization – units/themes.
(1) Early African Civilizations—Continental profile
(2) African Traditional Institutions
(3) Civilizations of the Nile Valley
(4) Kingdoms and Empires of the Western Susan
(5) European Incursion and the Atlantic Slave Trade
(6) The Impact of the Atlantic Slave Trade and its Abolition
(7) The New Imperialism and the establishment of colonialism
(8) African Independence Movements
(9) Africa in World Affairs.
Columbia University 1990-1995 PhD Anthropology
M Phil Anthropology
Lakehead University 1974-1978 M Ed. Curriculum
Milton Margai Teachers 1967-1970 Higher Teachers Certificate
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, social studies lessons for all!
Taking anthropology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$450|