I like to guide my students based on their needs and goals. By first listening to you discuss what your plans are and what areas to focus on, I can tailor my lessons personally to you. In our lessons, we will first discuss any practice, progress, or improvements you have made since our last meeting to help guide our plan moving forward. I will assign you a practice problem set for each week, and then we will go over any questions or clarifications during the lesson. If there are any formulas or concepts which need review, I will explain them and teach you how to apply them to different problems. I also encourage independence by allowing you to talk through and solve problems on your own before I step in to help as needed, so I will often prepare practice questions during a meeting. As a whole, I enjoy being communicative with you about your needs. I provide the balance between guided learning and independent problem-solving, which will provide long-term mastery of the subject material.
Hi! My name is Chris, and I'm a recent graduate from Westlake High School. I will be attending Rice University in the fall, majoring in biochemistry. I am currently tutoring over the summer, and I would love to help you or your student with preparation for school classes and exams. Having gone through the high school experience, I understand the challenges and stress that can arise, and I can provide the support and encouragement you need. Some of my qualifications: 36 ACT, 1580 SAT, National Merit Finalist, Top 10 in my class, Eagle Scout.
Rice University, Houston, TX Expected May 2024
Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry & Cell Biology
Westlake High School, Austin, TX May 2020
Awards: National Merit Finalist, National AP Scholar, Top 10
Organic Chemistry, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1 & 2, AP Calculus BC, Honors Pre-Calculus, Honors Geometry, Honors Algebra II, Honors Algebra I, AP English Language & Composition
University of Houston June 2019 – July 2019
Welch Summer Scholars Researcher, Houston, TX
• Worked 5 weeks full-time in bioinorganic chemistry lab under Professor Melissa Zastrow
Westlake HS Choir Executive Board August 2019- May 2020
VP of Outreach
• Planned and raised over $330 in T-shirt fundraiser for non-profit Good360’s COVID-19 relief efforts
• Co-organized donation drive for Travis County PD Brown Santa, collecting SUV-full of books, games, and toys, and led 2-hr shift of 10+ volunteers to package presents at its warehouse.
Westlake HS Latin Club August 2019- May 2020
• Informed officers and 150+ club members about social gatherings, volunteer events, and meetings through online media, including Google Classroom, email, and Remind.
Westlake Taekwondo Academy February 2018- May 2020
• Taught and coached self-defense and taekwondo techniques to kids weekly during their 1-hr classes.
ACTIVITIES AND AWARDS
Children’s Association for Maximum Potential Camp July 2017/August 2018
• Assisted kids with special needs through outdoor activities such as horseback riding and swimming in medical, dietary, and social settings (263 hours)
HOSA-Future Health Professionals, Orlando, Florida August 2017
3rd Place in 2017 International Health Care Issues Exam
Boy Scouts of America, Austin, Texas December 2017
Technology: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, social media, and basic Java & Swift programming
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Test prep to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking act prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|