Recent graduate studied in Communicative Teaching, specializing in English as a Second Language, English for Academic Purposes, as well as Beginning and Intermediate levels of Spanish. Incorporating technology, I make the content of lessons relevant to the lives of students.
I was a Teaching Assistant of an Intermediate Spanish course as an undergraduate, then a Student Writing Consultant. There, I helped students in crafting papers in Academic American English. Lastly, I taught several courses of English as a Second Language.
M.A. Indiana State University, 2016
Major area: Linguistics
B.A. Indiana State University, 2014
Major: Language Studies/TESL
Teaching English as a Second Language
Indiana State University, 2014
Making Educators Partners in Youth Suicide: Act on FACTS
The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide, 2016
PRINCIPLE TEACHING AREAS
● Advanced/Intermediate Spanish
● Academic Writing of English as a Second Language (ESL)
Kelly Educational Staffing (KES) Present
• Performed teaching (or teaching-related duties) to assist faculty members, department heads and/or other faculty.
• Acted as substitute teacher for various schools for Vigo County School Corporation.
Indiana State University (ISU), Languages, Literatures and Linguistics 2015-2016
Graduate Teaching Assistant for intermediate writing course of English as a Second Language (ESL) for twenty to twenty-one students.
● Designed and implemented course work for an intermediate writing course of English as a Second Language (ESL).
● Assisted faculty members, professors, department heads and/or other faculty of Indiana State University with teaching-related duties.
Indiana State University (ISU), Languages, Literatures and Linguistics Spring 2014
Teaching Assistant for intermediate college course of Spanish
● Designed informal conversational classroom activities, homework assignments and review sessions for twenty-five students.
● Assisted instructor in designing lesson objectives and topics for discussion in an intermediate Spanish course (e.g. present subjunctive, future tense, direct/indirect object).
● Tutored undergraduate students of Spanish for two hours per week.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
Indiana State University (ISU), Math and Writing Center (MWC) 2014-2015
Student Writing Consultant for native/nonnative speakers of English.
● Tutored undergraduate students for 20-30 hours a week.
● Tutored undergraduate (native/nonnative) students in the acquisition of writing skills of American Academic English.
● Assisted students in crafting/composing research papers.
Indiana Commission of Higher Education (CHE) 2014
Panelist/representative for Indiana State University (ISU)
● Representative for Indiana State University discussing various issues in higher education for students with disabilities.
St. Joseph’s University Parish 2013-2015
Campus Representative/Retreat Team Leader
● Assisted in organizing student events for forty to fifty students through St. Joseph’s University Parish Campus Ministry.
● Participated and acted as team member for two religious retreats, with as many as fifty to sixty students in attendance.
Cum Laude Indiana State University (ISU), May 2014
Blue Leaf Award Indiana State University (ISU), January 2014
Dean’s List Indiana State University (ISU), December 2013
Study Abroad Universidad Veritas, San José, Costa Rica Spring 2013
Languages Spoken: Advanced Spanish, Native English
Technology: Blackboard Learn, MovieMaker and iMovie for Classroom, Scanner Knowledge, File/E-Mail Management, Knowledge of both PC and Mac Computers
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|