In accordance with the latest research and my own experience in the field of teaching Italian as a second/foreign language, the teaching method I prefer is based on a communicative approach.
The communicative approach has the following main characteristics:
1) Language skill is not only judged by strict grammatical and formal correctness, but also by communicative competence.
2) The student is the center of the learning process and the teacher plays the role of director within the class.
3) The notion of "error" is eliminated by valuing the concept of interlingua (a language halfway between the native and the one being learned).
4) Language and culture are considered inseparable. There is no linguistic learning if not combined with education of the culture behind the language in question.
Particular attention is paid to avoid the emergence of what Stephen Krashen calls an "affective filter": an emotional impediment between student and teacher which can inhibit the learning process.
Traditional educational texts are accompanied by videos, songs, newspaper articles, and other authentic cultural sources to expose students to a real language, not built in a laboratory.
A fundamental goal of this method is linguistic production (written or oral) by students, to be encouraged and facilitated by the teacher rather than discouraged through over-correction. The student must feel at ease in communicating in the language.
The study of a foreign language is a journey and a discovery of a culture which is why I prefer activities aimed not only at formalizing important grammatical concepts, but above all at implementing communicative behaviors that succeed in the linguistic context in question.
I'm an italian language teacher with 13 years of experience. I have a Master Degree in Communication. I own a school of italian language for students from all over the world in Orvieto. I had several experience in american and european schools. My job is my passion.
September 2018 — December 2018 Teacher of Italian Language to the Penobscot Language School – Rockland, Maine
August 2011 – present Institute of Italian Language and Culture “I Love IT School”, Orvieto, Italy Founding partner and President, Curriculum Director • Coordinator of Italian language courses for the school • Italian language instructor • Developer of Italian language workshops for Italian teachers of foreign students • Co-responsible for the administration and marketing of the school • Instructor of classes of Italian cooking and culture • Instructor for both single- and multi-language classes in all levels • Instructor of classes for children, immigrants and refugees • Workshop leader incorporating songs, comics, film and advertising into the lessons • Coordinator of travel and living accommodations for students
April 2008 – May 2011 Institute of Italian Language and Culture “Lingua Si”, Orvieto, Italy Teacher • Instructor of Italian language summer programs for 3 universities from foreign countries • Developer of Italian language workshop for Italian language teachers, presented in Austria • Copywriter for “Associazione Strada dei vini etrusco-romana”, a brochure for marketing local wine producers • Instructor for both single- and multi-language classes in all levels
September 2007 – November 2007 Università Pontificia Urbaniana, Rome Teacher
June 2007 – July 2007 Temple University of Rome, Rome Teacher
July 2007 – May 2007 Università Pontificia Urbaniana, Rome Teacher
March 2009 Certificate for teaching Italian language
February 2008 Certificate for teaching Italian language to foreigners
January 2008 Certificate for teaching Italian language through film
July 2007 Certificate for learning English language Trinity College, London
October 2000 – May 2006 Bachelor and Master Degree in Mass Communications University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Rome
• Native Italian • Other languages: proficient in English and Spanish, knowledge of French • My experience in teaching foreign people has expanded my understanding of the global community • Author of articles in regional and national publications • University scholarship awarded as a result of my thesis: Ethics In Politics • Wrote a paper about Greek Mythology in Irish poetry, presented at a conference with Seamus Heany, winner of the 1995 Nobel Prize for Literature
italian lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - italian lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$28|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$140|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$280|