I believe that anyone can be a good writer because anyone can be a good thinker. There are some templates and essay structures that can be used to base a successful essay on, but ultimately it is up to the writer to construct an eloquent essay. So I will provide my students with these different structures, however I will inspire them to think about writing differently. By thinking about writing as an opportunity rather than as a burden, I will teach them how to put their ideas into words and onto paper. There is no way to lay out a clear construction of a class because each student is different, so it wouldn't be fair to teach all students the same. I would accommodate to the needs of each young writer.
Hi, my name is Rebekah Dowlin. I am originally from the Boulder area of Colorado and I am currently attending Creighton University to pursue my dream career as a political/legal journalist. I have worked with dyslexic children, tutoring them to become inspired writers. I firmly believe that everyone has ideas that are worth sharing, and I believe that everyone has the ability to share their ideas through their writing. But first it is important to develop these skills. I have written for school papers, taken several higher level English classes, and written a thesis paper all before I graduated high school. I hope to pass on the knowledge I have gained to new writers so they can be successful.
Cancellation one day prior to the scheduled session will be free of charge. Cancellation past this will result in the full price for the tutoring session.
- Exchange Student in Ciudad-Guzman Jalisco, Mexico
- 2015 PBS Story-Makers Finalist (5th place of 711)
- 2015 Elected Mead High School MVP Lincoln Douglas Debate Team Member
- 2016 Rotary Youth Leadership Award
- 2016 Fellowship of Christian Athletes Executive
- 2017 National Honors Society Induction
- 2017 Rotary International Interact Treasurer
- 2018 Silver Creek High School Girls Swim and Dive Head Captain
- 2018 Colorado Girls State Delegate
- 2019 Regional Art Show Finalist
- 2019 Senior Capital Piano Recital
- 2019 First Thesis Published
- 2019 Graduated High School with AP Capstone Diploma
- 2019 Freshman Leadership Program at Creighton University
- 2019 College of Arts and Sciences Deans Fellows
In 2020 I will...
- Be a full member of the Creightonian (Creighton News Paper)
- Pledge to a Sorority
- Work for Creighton's 402 Tutoring Program
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression lessons for all!
Taking rhetoric lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$12||Not available||$12|