I believe that it is important to understand the cultural diversity in the classroom, and provide opportunities for each students to share their cultural traditions and experiences. Because ESL students come from different cultural backgrounds. The ESL teacher should develop intercultural sensitivity and understand cultural differences. The ESL and EFL classroom should encourage students to practices oral skills through culturally appropriate activities. For example, I will ask my students to describe their traditional festival, food, and dress to classmates. These activities can be integrated into class and make class more interesting. Students will practice language skills and abilities based on their personal experiences and what they learned every day in class. My role is to help students meet their present and future needs based on developing their linguistic skills and second language knowledge. The teaching methods should be adaptable depending on the students’ stage in the language proficiency. If students are in a lower level beginning stage of language acquisition, I should lead structured classes and plan to teach specific linguistic feature lessons through vocabulary, grammar, or pronunciation. If students are at the advanced level of language acquisition I give them more opportunities to present their ideas. With the advanced level students, my role is that of facilitator. Also, motivation plays a very important role in the language classroom.
I am proficient in English and Chinese, I come from China,and I live in the U.S. for over 7 years, and I completed my first master’s degree in Master’s of Science at the University of Idaho (UI) in the U.S. I hold the American TESOL Advanced Teaching Certification. I am doing the internship at the American English and Culture Program now. I have experiences in teaching English to non-native English speakers. My students come from all over the world. They are Russians, Koreans, Arabs, Japanese, Vietnamese, and etc. I am doing the second master’s in Teaching English as a Second Language at the University of Idaho (UI). I am planning to graduate in Spring, 2019.
(concealed information) / 1012 S. Deakin Avenue, Moscow, ID 83843
I have strong passion in teaching English. I had first master degree in Master of Science.
• Published first book of ANAN’s Secret Fashion Languages in China.
• Exhibited “PANKOU” in Chinese Autumn Festival. 2014-2015
• Created Chinese fashion and culture accessory brand “PANKOU” in China. 2014-2015
• Interned at Fresco Art School in Boise, Idaho. 2013-2014
• Assisted at the China Night Festival, and modeled for African Night and Moscowrade at University of Idaho. 2013-2014
• Attended Sino-Euro Youth Communication Year. 2011-2012
• Served as Chinese representative and actively participated in Youth in Action Project by EU; Collected campaigns for Sino-Euro Youth Partners Program
• Taught Image Design, Graphic & Color Composition courses in Shaanxi Province Bank School. 2010-2011
• Took French 500 CR Training in Xi’an Yifang School. 2010-2011
• Hosted University Popular Science Knowledge Contest. 2008-2009
• Served as Miss Etiquette when famous writer Mr. Liu Yong lectured at Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2008-2009
• Modeled for students in Costume & Art Design at Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2008-2009
• Hosted and assisted in the society campaign of COSPLAY. 2008-2009
• Hosted the Award Assembly of Student Party Members. 2008-2009
• University of Idaho (Master of Teaching English as Second language) 2016.8-2019.8
• American TESOL Advanced Certification
• University of Idaho (Master of Science in Textile, Clothing, and Design) 5. 2016
• Xi’an Polytechnic University (Bachelor Degree in Art and Design) 6. 2011
• ESL Teaching practicum
• ESL Meth I: Basic Oral-Aural Skills
• History of English Language
• Niccole Scholarship in Family and Consumer Science Department at the University of Idaho. 2014-2015
• Interviewed by Blot Magazine Dec. 2013, “It’s Personal”. 2013-2014
• 2 High GPA Scholarships from Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2007-2008, 2009-2010
• Fabric Reproduction Works Presentation. 2009-2010
• Class Study Director of Costume & Art Design at Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2009-2010
• Teaching Assistant in Costume & Art Design at Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2007-2008
• Class President of Art Design at Xi’an Polytechnic University. 2007-2008
• Excellent Individual in Military Training for Freshmen Students. 2007-2008
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - chinese lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - chinese lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$120||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||$230||Not available||$250|