I am a digital media designer and I have taught students from high school to graduate school in various forms of design and software proficiency. My teaching style focuses on real-world development and exposure to projects comparable to that of the design industry. I am willing to teach individuals at different levels of experience and focus on creative process rather than just pushing buttons.
My experience has been in both production and academia. I am able to utilize my work experiences in the design industry within teaching methods. I have taught high school individuals who wish to strengthen their portfolio for college, as well as college level classes for those who aspire to have a career in digital media and design.
Rates may differ based on software taught and skill level.
Technical strengths: Versed in a variety of multimedia applications, including the adobe professional suite, Maya, 3d Studio Max and video editing software.
Versatile experience: Long-term aptitude in academia and the digital media industry with graphic design, 3d and 2d animation, traditional media and video editing.
Communication and organization: Work regularly in a team oriented environment facilitating coordination between focused work groups and the classroom requires a meticulously organized work routine.
• Ithaca College, Adjunct Professor of Strategic Communications, 2014 – 2016. Classes include: Strategic Communication, Presentation and Graphic Design, Designing Social media, Interactive Media and Animation.
• Freelance 3d Animator, 2011 - current.
3d motion graphics commercial for "Gary's U-Pull It", Binghamton, NY.
• The College of Westchester (CW), Full-Time Professor, 2007 – 2011. Classes include: 3d modeling and Animation, Digital Imaging, Digital Illustration, Motion Graphics and FX, Studio Art, Storyboarding, Art History, Web Design, Computers and Technology and Video Editing.
• The Art Institute of Pittsburg / NIIT, Curriculum Development, 2007. Responsibilities included the development of online curriculum for an advanced 3d production class.
• New York Film Academy, Instructor, 2007. Maya training course, Summer program.
• Kaia Inc, 3d modeling and animation, 2006 – 2007. Projects included: Animation for “Lady and The Tramp” interactive game, animation for “Harry Potter” interactive game, animation and rigging for “Hot Wheels” interactive game, animation for “Mammoth” (Sci-Fi Network), modeling for “The Little Mermaid” 3d simulation, animation for “Disney” characters interactive game.
• New York University (NYU), Center For Advanced Digital Applications, Adjunct Professor for Graduate Students, 2004 – 2007. Classes included: 3d Modeling, 3d Animation 1 and Introduction to 3d design.
• Independent Film, 2004 – 2005. Responsibilities included 3d animation for “Light and The Sufferer”
• Croog Studios, 3d modeling, rigging and animation, 2004. Responsibilities included rigging, modeling and animation for Nickelodeon promos.
• 2003 - Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA. MFA in Digital Media.
• 1999 – Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY. BFA in Illustration.
Software and Skills
Software: Autodesk Maya, AutoCAD, 3d Studio Max, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Flash, Macromedia Final Cut Pro and Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills: Painting, sculpting, storyboarding, concept development, character design, set design, color theory, 2d and 3d animation, 3d character modeling and motion graphics.
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest photoshop lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, graphic design lessons for all!
Taking illustrator lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$30|