Fun and discipline work hand in hand for any learning. I build a trust relationship early on with my students and help them gain personnal accountability for their own success. My greatest pride is when a student who had clearly given up on themselves start to be rekindled through our classes!
I am a French woman with a Master's degree in Economics from Ecole Normale Supérieure and Sorbonne University. I also studied at UCLA.
I have been teaching private and group classes for over 4 years, including at the Sorbonne University and at the University of Cape Town (up to 15 students per class).
Rates are negotiable depending on the students' level. That being said, my method works and if you want a student to make actual progress (and not get his homework done), having a committed teacher will go a long way!
THALES GROUP Doha, Qatar
Strategic & Business Development Manager 11/2015-09/2017 – Full time
• Designed the country strategy and implementation framework towards the expansion & restructuration of the local activities
• Coordinated the main expansion plans of the company and led the creation of new local branches (areas of responsibility: Cybersecurity, Research & Technology, Aerospace, Services and Maintenance)
• Developed and implemented a national branding strategy (2 nation-wide CSR projects, cooperation with local start-ups and incubators)
• Managed institutional relations and communication
French Treasury – Economic Department of the French Embassy Doha, Qatar
Economic Affairs Officer 01/2014-11/2015 – Full time
• Assessed the evolution of macroeconomic indicators, followed market evolutions and drafted reports in the following fields: TIC, R&D and Innovation, FMCG, Health, Urban Planning
• Supported bilateral relations and organized high level meetings (visit of the Qatari Emir to France, French business delegation to Qatar)
• Supported French-Qatari trade promotion initiatives (Qatar French Business Club, French Team 4 Sport)
OECD – Development Co-operation Directorate – PARIS21/ADP Paris, France
Research Assistant 02/2016/-12/2016 – Intern / Consultant
• Performed quantitative & qualitative research and editing for a publication on the evolution of statistical development since the United Nations’ “Millennium Development Goals”
• Performed the analysis of mobile-based survey processes and provided recommendations towards optimized methods
• Designed presentations for external communication (funding requests in particular)
• Performed quality check of health and socio-economic surveys database of a selection of countries
HEINEKEN INTERNATIONAL Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Project Leader – Congo Trade Census 01/2012-05/2012 – Intern
(Mobile-based census of all outlets selling beverages across the country ie 17 000 outlets)
• Managed the project throughout the entire process (strategic planning, census design, census outsourcing)
• Analyzed the census results and provided solutions (data quality, competitive market & price segmentation analysis, channel development strategy recommendations)
TNP Consultants Paris, France
Consultant 07/2011-01/2012 – Intern
French-South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry Cape Town, South Africa
Manager’s assistant 02/2011-06/2011 – Part-time intern
• Languages: French (Native) English (Fluent), German (Business), Mandarin (Basic), Portuguese (Basic)
• IT: Microsoft Office, STATA, eViews, GAMS, SAS, MySQL
2013 – Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay (ENS Paris-Saclay, ex ENS Cachan) – Full Cycle Diploma
2013 – Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne / Paris School of Economics – Master’s Degree in International Economics
Master’s thesis with honors, focusing on trade in services between BRIICS (BRICS + Indonesia) and OECD countries
2011 – University of Cape Town (UCT) – Honours in Economics – Exchange programme
2009 – Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology – Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
2009 – Lycée Janson de Sailly – Classe Préparatoire B/L
Intensive undergraduate programme for entrance exam to the “Grandes Ecoles” – mathematics, economics, sociology, humanities.
2012/2013 Forbes Afrique Magazine – Event Planner, Launch of the Forbes Afrique Magazine (2012) & Forum Forbes Afrique (2013)
2012 France Inter radio – Participation in “Les Jeunes dans la présidentielle”, Young people in presidential campaign
2010 Paris I Sorbonne – Marketing project: Chinese consumption behavior regarding Western brands in the clothing industry
2010-2011 University of Cape Town – French tutor
2008 OFUP (Office Universitaire de Presse) – Sales Rep
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Sports Skiing (advanced), Muay Thai (intermediate), Running (intermediate), Yoga (intermediate)
Interest Acting (enrolled in an intensive Meisner class), literature, traveling
Volunteering Member of Coexist (organization against racism and anti-semitism) (since 2010-2013)
SHAWCO volunteer: training in entrepreneurship in South African townships (2010-2011)
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|