I provide lessons for mid-beginner to advanced learners (middle school, high school, adult learners, and TOEFL prep)
My teaching approach is through conversations (dialogue), vocabulary development, images, and multimedia.
I am patient, smart, organized, and reliable. My teaching is thorough and interactive. Students must do additional at-home preparation.
PRACTICE ENGLISH WITH AN EXPERIENCED AMERICAN TEACHER FROM MICHIGAN! It's that simple...
LEARN ENGLISH BY SPEAKING & CONVERSATION, LISTENING, READING, WRITING, AND AMERICAN EXPRESSIONS
EXPERIENCE WITH STUDENTS FROM 30+ COUNTRIES
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT ME TO WORK WITH YOU?
Don't just learn the language, learn from a teacher who will give you language, grammar AND cultural expressions. Whether it is for travel, work, exams, or personal interest; I am the BEST. I am patient and understanding, but firm and rigorous. My teaching is dialogue-centered and data-driven. I work on your schedule, level, and time. I am flexible and organized.
WHY DO I WANT TO WORK WITH YOU?
Over the years, I noticed too many people with potential be overlooked because of language barriers. I want to bridge the gap by teaching and providing measurable gains in learning.
I taught over 2,000 students over 7 years in college, high school, middle school, and alternative school settings. My certification and degree are both in English. I worked with both American and International students.
I prepared Turkish teachers for General Knowledge Exam and they passed within 2 attempts the Reading and English Language sections.
Over 90% of my high school students graduate and attend a post-secondary institution or career.
When tutoring students at University of Florida, 5 went to graduate school and 1 earned a publication.
$25/ 1 hour
$20/ 45 minutes
$10/ half hour
**INTERVIEW/ INTERNSHIP PREPARATION**
$35/ 1 hour
**UNDERSTANDING AMERICAN EXPRESSIONS/ CULTURE**
$35/ 1 hour
**ESSAY WRITING/ EDITING**
$50/ 1 hour
The first class (30 minutes) is free.
Please contact me for GROUP SPECIALS and other services/ subjects
I have over 7 years of experience in ESOL/ ELL education, training, curriculum development, and workshop instruction with experience in teaching, technical writing, GK tutoring and language.
Florida Department of Education
English 6th -12th grade
SINCE 2015 (Current):
High School Teacher and ELL Adult Learner Tutor
• Instruct rigorous, data-driven 10th grade English Language Arts & Reading courses
• Develop assessments of students’ focus areas of improvement
• Awarded three school-wide Achieve 3000 reading competitions
• Assist coaching high school & middle school ladies basketball
• Prepare students for FSA state-wide assessment on weekends
• Instruct 9th-12th grade Speech/ Journalism/ Debate in an alternative high school setting
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA GRAD INSTRUCTOR & READING/ WRITING TEACHER
• Instructed ENC 3254: Professional Communication for Engineers, ENC 1102: Rhetoric and Academic Research, ENC 1101 (2 sections): Writing Academic Arguments, and ENC 2210: Technical Writing.
• Instructed 10th-12th grade reading and writing
• Assisted students in ACT/ SAT preparation
• Student placed in local, "Where I'm From" writing contest, which led to publication
WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY ACADEMIC SUCCESS INSTRUCTOR
• Instructed success strategies for nontraditional students in Academic Success course for the Division of Community Education program
• Offered 1-on-1 academic assistance and data chats weekly
University of Florida
MA/PhD English Literature program (2010-2013)
Wayne State University
Bachelor of Arts in English Honors degree
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$43||$18|
|5 hours||Not available||$180||$90|
|10 hours||Not available||$365||$180|