I have been teaching English as a second language for 12 years at the adult school and college level.
I like to expose students to different learning styles and offer a positive and healthy environment for students to learn and grow.
Maria is originally from Mexico and resides in California. She holds an M.A in English as a Second Language from Northcentral University, and a B.A in Spanish from the University of California, Davis. She has been teaching ESL for 12 years at the adult school and college level. Teaching language skills is her passion, and her focus has been on creating engaging, student-centered curriculum to target specific language needs; such as: listening, speaking, reading, writing, and life skills
Maria I Martinez
E-mail: (concealed information)
I am a self-directed, enthusiastic individual with a passionate commitment to children/adult development and learning experience. I am skilled in the design of challenging and innovative activities that address the diverse interests and needs of students. Possess outstanding communication skills, presents information in a variety of ways, emphasizing relevance of material to the world beyond the requirements. Active team member who effectively collaborates with all levels of staff members and establishes quality relationships with people.
Instructor College of the Sequoias, Visalia CA 2008-present
Instructor Porterville Community College, Porterville CA. 2018- present
• Provide instruction and assistance to Adults.
• Develop lesson plans to instruct ESL reading, writing and speaking.
• Motivate adults to do their best regardless of their language barriers.
Teacher Aid MNI-CORPS, Sacramento, CA 2002-2005
• Provided extra assistance to teachers and motivated students.
• Instructed students who struggled in math, writing, and reading comprehension.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• Bachelors of Arts - Spanish, University of California, Davis.
• Single Subject Teaching Credential- Spanish/BCLAD Sacramento State University
• Master of Education: TESOL, Northcentral University
• Curriculum Design & Development
• Differentiated Instruction
• Cooperative Learning
• Student-Centered Learning
• Multicultural Awareness
• Student Assessment
References will be provided upon request.
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$23|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$115|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$230|