My lifetime dream was to be the best teacher I could be. Formally I have three degrees relating to education and teaching in the classroom. The degrees have been of great benefit but the most influencing journey on my teaching style has been the experience of working with Junior High School, High School, Adult Leaners, College and training teachers. It is important to understand that we as learners all have unique learning styles and our teaching methods must relate to the strengths of our students. My approach to teaching has always been eclectic to reach the greatest potential of my students.
Gary R. Carlson B.S., M.S, Ed.D.
My career has allowed me to be a teacher for over forty years. During this time I have taught students at all age level from age thirteen to adults. These experiences have given me the opportunity to teach teachers on how to be successful in the classroom. Secrets to success in the classroom comes from appropriate scope, sequence and matching learning styles to students no matter the age.
Over the years I have had the opportunity to to be a catalyst for change in schools across the United States. I can easily say I have been blessed to have touch the lives of thousands of students.
GARY R. CARLSON, Ed.D.
740 South 206 Avenue * Elkhorn, NE 68022 * (concealed information) * (concealed information)
Proven professional who exemplifies concrete accomplishments that exceeded personal and professional goals. Accepted challenges with the broad knowledge of management and instruction of secondary and higher education practices, teacher training, and education administration. Dedicated board of director participant member for both the for-profit and non-profit organizations. Strong ability to design and implement successful fund raising programs.
gCarlson-Inc. / President August 2010-Present
• Consulted and supported over 200 colleges in the U.S. Services provided are student success, student services, curriculum development, teacher performance, community relations, and school operations.
• Provided ACICS school accreditation renewal services for compliance rules and regulations.
• Put into place a unique performance management process which emphasized professional development tailored to each institution’s business plan.
ITT Educational Services Inc. / VP Academic Affairs May 1997-August 2010
• Responsible for developing and implementing both near-term and long-term plans supervising 127 deans and 3500 faculties.
• Worked closely with college deans, faculty, and other departments in collaboration to oversee the overall academic operations of ITT.
• Coordinated, defined, and communicated integrated plans for the growth and development in all educational areas.
• Possessed skills in both strategic thinking and strong execution across various forms of education styles.
• Lead the continuous development, review and revision of academic curricula and developed practice with the model use of assessment results to assure quality and relevancy.
• Created both the virtual library for 160,000 users and the online hybrid program.
• Served as the IEP coordinator for special education requirements and needs for handicapped students.
• Designed all student accommodations.
Lincoln School of Commerce / College Director 1990 – May 1997
• Business manager for overall operations of the college to ensure student satisfaction, compliance, and quality.
• Prepared and implemented strategic plans to generate college resources and revenue.
• Organized, developed and maintained profitable professional relationships with appropriate community groups and organizations.
• Interpreted and followed all applicable policies and objectives of education board and regulatory bodies.
• Planned, fulfilled, and supervised all policies, objectives, and operations of the college.
• Returned LSC to high profitability through strategic and efficient restructuring.
• Successful in the regeneration of LSC presence with schools, community, and businesses.
Children’s Square USA / President of Foundation & VP Academic Affairs 1985-May 1997
Council Bluffs, IA
• Represented and introduced Children’s Square USA Foundation to the community and managed fund raising.
• Assisted the VP of Development in grant writing, publications, and research.
• Developed the Foundation and fund raising campaigns which increased endowment from $90,000 to $6,500,000 in five years.
• Created and managed the on-campus school for disadvantaged youth for southwest Iowa.
• Liaison with public schools and state education department.
• Provided professional program development for special education teachers within the on-campus school.
Loess Hills Area Education Agency / Director of Special Education 1980-1985
1974-1978 University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
• Ed.D. Administration, Curriculum, and Instruction
1970-1972 University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
• M.S. Special Education
1967-1969 University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
• B.S. Secondary Education
Major: History; Minor: Business
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|