I am a flexible teacher. It really depends on the individual and what his or her needs are. I like to ask what the confusion is, assess what the individual knows, and from there try to locate what the issue is as it's not always complete confusion but rather confusion on a concept.
I do my best to have individuals work through material on their own with support and hints on occasion so that they see their own ability to solve problems. If there is total confusion, I show students step by step and check for understanding by giving a similar problem and having the individual try.
Learning can become stressful at times, but it's a great triumph when individuals understand the initially confusing topics and become more confident in themselves.
I am a recent college graduate who's tutored for 4 years on my undergraduate campus. I have also taught 6th graders during a 3 week summer camp and have done individual tutoring work. Students often tell me that they leave our tutoring sessions with a greater understanding and confidence with the material.
Johns Hopkins University Baltimore, MD
Public Health; Premedical Concentration May 2017
Cumulative GPA: 3.69
Dean’s List Fall 2013 and 2015, Spring 2014, 2015, 2017
American Indian Public High School Oakland, CA
High School Diploma June 2013
Cumulative GPA: 3.87
• Receiver of an award named in my honor by the City of Oakland in recognition of nomination for the National Merit Scholarship 2013
• Recipient of National Merit Scholarship 2013
• Awardee of East Bay College Fund four-year scholarship 2013
Fulbright Taiwan Hualien, Taiwan
English Teaching Assistant August 2017-June 2018
• Collaborated with local English teachers to develop daily lesson plans
• Taught English to ten classes from 3rd to 6th grade as a second language
• Utilized games and American culture to maintain student engagement
JHU Office of Multicultural Affairs Baltimore, MD
Tutor October-May 2017
• Tutor undergraduate students one on one in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, and Calculus.
• Clarify student questions from class and work on homework assignments with them.
• Establish weekly tutoring sessions in order to have consistency and assess current standing.
American Indian Public Charter School Oakland, CA
Teacher July-August 2014, 2015
• Taught a class of 22 6th graders for three weeks in math at local middle school
• Developed lesson plans on a daily basis and administered daily homework
• Introduced math book material for the upcoming school year
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|