As a collaborative and student-focused teacher, I am not limited to a singular approach or methodology to teaching, but completely customize my lessons to the needs and learning style of each individual student. Whenever appropriate, I like to include cultural elements in my lessons and I am very passionate about fostering a greater understanding among people of different cultural backgrounds and a deeper appreciation of what makes each of us unique.
I have a Master’s degree in Applied Linguistics with a minor in Psychology. I graduated summa cum laude with a 3.9 GPA. I also hold teaching certificates in TEFL and TESOL. I have been tutoring and teaching ESL for over 15 years in various settings —from teaching in classrooms, private tutoring, and home settings.
My greatest passion in life is teaching and experienced great success in my academics, due to amazing and unforgettable teachers. This is the foundation of my commitment to helping my students, whatever their abilities may be. In my experience, no two students are alike, and I'm able to quickly identify unique needs, to help each student progress quickly! Education has given me the opportunity to find what I am passionate about, and I hope to help others gain that same opportunity through teaching.
I have a deep understanding of the science and research behind the way ESL is learned and I utilize strategies centered on the latest research-based instruction to effectively capture the interest of my students.
ESL Online Instructor Feb 2018 - Present
* Successfully strengthened students' speaking, listening, reading, grammar, and writing skills through comprehensive instructional strategies that allowed students to practice and grow their skills within a nurturing environment.
* Communicated with students using iTutorGroup's online learning platform, using webcam and headphones.
* Increased reading levels by devoting additional time to reading and language arts within the online
classroom; effectively altered lessons to accommodate lower reading and language levels.
* Documented progress, enhancing student improvement in both understanding and performance.
TUTOR K-12 Sep 2014 - Present
* Prepared and implemented appropriate curriculum based on client evaluation.
* Provided individual instruction in a wide range of subjects from Mathematics, Sciences, Social Studies to
* Supported a diverse student population through different teaching styles to cover multiple learning styles.
* Provided stimulating lesson plans promoting exploration, creativity, and discovery following the NJ Foundations for the Common Core learning guidelines.
* Tracked learning progress in order to identify opportunities to enhance tutoring methods and help students achieve higher SAT score goals.
ESL Instructor Jul 2014 - Jan 2019
* Conduct lessons encompassing a range of skill-building activities in the four areas of language learning:
Speaking, Writing, Reading, and Listening
* Developed and implemented daily lesson plans which incorporated technology, hands-on experiences and using manipulative to engage learning in children ages 4-16.
* Prepared lesson plans for over 36 classes per week to accommodate students with varying proficiency levels.
* Employed visual and auditory approaches to make lessons more interesting and interactive for students.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$26|