My main teaching method is to make sure that we have a strong understanding of the fundamentals that we can continue to build on with more complicated topics. Reviewing the fundamentals is also helpful in establishing a common vocabulary and getting a feel for the learning styles of the student.
I am a Mechanical Engineer with a Bachelor's degree in Physics from McMurry University and a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University. I am new to tutoring, but I have experience in coaching baseball, which has helped in refining my teaching strategies.
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory July 2017 – Present
Engineering Associate – Stanford University, Menlo Park, CA
• Technical and operations for the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS)
• Plan and Manage mechanical equipment installations for experiment preparation
• Performed mechanical modifications on Ultra-high vacuum chambers.
• Design and create solutions for facility improvements using SolidEdge and machining.
PM&AM Research November 2015 – May 2017
Engineering Intern, Aerospace Sciences – College Station, TX
• Worked with a multi-disciplinary team of aerospace engineers, physicists, and machinists.
• Developed mechanical/electromechanical systems for various projects contracted with NASA and AFRL
• Translated project and product specifications into 3D CAD models and technical drawings using SolidWorks.
• Designed 3D printed and machined models for high-speed wind tunnel testing in Texas A&M University’s National Aerothermochemistry and Hypersonics Laboratory.
• Maintained and organized bill of materials throughout the design process.
• Worked and communicated directly with machinists to ensure clarity of design specifications.
• Built, programmed and implemented automated data acquisition systems using NI DAQ hardware and NI LabVIEW software.
• Gained hands-on experience with machining and prototyping
Texas A&M University Undergraduate Summer Research Grant June 2014 – August 2014
Research Assistant, Engineering Technology & Industrial Distribution – College Station, TX
• Collaborated with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension to design, build and test a landscape irrigation runoff mitigation system
• Assisted in the development of 3D CAD models for each prototype using SolidWorks and AutoCAD while taking DFMA into consideration
• Gained hands-on experience manufacturing 3 working prototypes and preparing them for installation and field testing
EDUCATION & RESEARCH
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX August 2015 – May 2017
Master of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
o Advanced Product Design
o Advanced Computer Aided Engineering
o Engineering Dynamics,
o Materials Science
o Custom Manufacturing
o Engineering Management
o Alternative Energy Conversion
• Design Projects:
o Aggies Invent- 48-hour Research and Development of a Wearable Muscle Activity Sensor Prototype
o Advanced Computer Aided Engineering Term Project – Designed each individual part of a hook lift trailer system for manufacturability based on given operation requirements.
McMurry University, Abilene, TX August 2012 - May 2015
Bachelor of Science in Physics, with Civil & Mechanical Engineering Emphasis
• Minor in Mathematics; 3.67 Cumulative GPA, Graduated Cum Laude
• NCAA Division 2 Baseball Scholarship
• Research Projects:
o Senior Capstone – Developed a unique structure to enhance the performance of a baseball batting tee
o Classical Mechanics Research – Developed a code to numerically analyze the trajectory of a baseball in flight
West Valley College, Santa Clara, CA August 2010 - May 2012
• General Studies
• CCCA Varsity Baseball Team
Athletic Scholarship, McMurry University August 2012 – May 2015
NCAA All-Academic Honors, American Southwest Conference August 2014 – May 2015
Piper-Bottom Award for Excellence in Physics, McMurry University May 2015
Undergraduate Summer Research Grant, Texas A&M University May 2014
• National level, competitively selected scholarship.
John and Ruth Cole Physics Scholarship, McMurry University May 2014
Most Outstanding Physics Student, McMurry University May 2014 – 2015
Dean’s List, McMurry University August 2012 – December 2014
NCAA Division 2 President’s Honor Roll, Heartland Conference August 2012 – May 2013
Aggies Invent, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas March 2016
Research and Development of a Wearable Muscle Activity Sensor
• 48-hour engineering design competition.
• Designed a wearable device to track muscle activity and acceleration.
• Programmed the data acquisition interface using LabVIEW.
• Built a wearable, working prototype.
NCAA Intercollegiate Baseball Team, McMurry University August 2012 – May 2015
• Received athletic scholarship
• Devoting 20 hours per week athletics while carrying full course load.
• Developing valuable leadership and team-building experience
Sigma Pi Sigma, McMurry University December 2014
Physics Honor Society
Chi Omicron Men’s Social Club, McMurry University August 2012 – May 2015
Vice President of Correspondence
Society of Physics Students, McMurry University August 2012 – May 2015
Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, McMurry University August 2013 – May 2014
Baseball Team Representative
CCCAA Intercollegiate Baseball Team, Mission College December 2010 – May 2012
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$30||$30|