I am a professional educator who has many years of full-time classroom teaching and private tutoring experience working specifically with middle school age students. My expertise is teaching Pre-Algebra and Algebra 1 and helping students "get math." I can use a number of teaching methods and strategies, combined with patience and a good sense of humor.
I have been a classroom teacher for 25+ years, specializing in working with middle school students, combined with many years of private one-on-one tutoring experience. I can provide you with personal and professional references speaking to my success in making very positive connections with my students and having a great deal of success as a professional math educator.
RAMON V. WONG ⬥ EDUCATOR ⬥ TRAINER ⬥ CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL (concealed information) (concealed information) | (concealed information)| San
To apply my 20+ years of experience and skills as a professional educator in being a valuable asset to your school or company as a Teacher, Trainer, Academic Counselor, and/or Client Services Representative.
• The ability to translate complex, abstract, scientific and analytical terms and concepts to
layman’s terms and make it engaging and relevant
• Proven experience working with highly educated professionals and navigating complex political systems. Strong influence skills and the ability to rapidly gain credibility.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts with key clients, customers and partners.
• Extensive experience in coaching and counseling clients on achieving improved outcomes and personal growth. Developed presentations on personal behavior change and growth of leadership capabilities.
• Expertise in creating classroom training sessions that educate and motivate the audience, using interactive techniques and/or web-based tool sets. Designed and implemented an original course and curriculum for inspiring educators within a university setting.
• Served as a Department Head and Faculty Team Leader in academic institutions. Acted as a Master and Mentor teacher to high potential teachers.
• Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills when acting as Head Coach to several middle school athletic teams.
My educational and coaching experience has consisted of full-time roles within the following academic institutions since 1980.
Woodland School, Portola Valley CA
Delivered 8 unique mathematics classes/day to middle school students and brought stability and excellence to a program in the midst of a transformation.
Received exceptional feedback from parents about their high level of satisfaction with my ability to improve the performance of their children in mathematics, including significant increases to their standardized test results (i.e. Education Records Bureau Assessments).
M.S. Biological Sciences, Stanford University
• B.S. Biology, Westmont College, Santa Barbara, California
• Clear Teaching Credential, Simpson College, San Francisco, California
RAMON V. WONG ⬥ EDUCATOR ⬥ TRAINER ⬥ CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL Castilleja School, Palo Alto CA
• Made significant contributions to the Mathematics Department, which received outstanding parent ratings. Most of my students scored very high in the mathematics portion of the high school SAT. Castilleja is routinely among the top schools in the San Francisco Bay Area in median SAT scores.
• Developed new and customized courses and curriculum to meet student needs, including creation of a course for 8th grade students who were not yet developmentally ready for Algebra 1. Without exception, students who in 7th grade were getting Bs and Cs in mathematics, after taking this class in 8th grade, had very successful mathematics grades in 9th grade and several went on to be Honors mathematics students.
• One of just a few faculty profiled in the Castillejo School’s Centennial Celebration DVD. Simpson College, San Francisco, California
• Created and developed a new course for the college’s Education majors focused on teaching math to children. This course was specifically designed to meet the needs of young elementary school teachers, who often aren’t prepared to teach and handle questions about challenging math concepts.
• Castilleja School’s Distinguished Teaching Award
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Lifetime Member
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$55||$55||Not available|