I am a home schooled student who has recently moved on to college, looking to get a degree in English. I believe in the Socratic method, and in the potential of every student to be fantastic. My teaching method is mostly inventive, helping the student to enjoy study as much as I do.
I started tutoring in January of this year at a tutoring center, working with up to five students at a time. I helped write essays, analyze text, and comprehend grammar structure. I've taught over 40 separate and unique students, each with their own goals and ideas.
Professional, dedicated English tutor and writer specializing in Literature but also well-versed in grammar and literacy skills. Knowledgeable in several methods of teaching, including the Socratic method and working with ADD students. Student-oriented and passionate about the goals of students and managment.
• Literary Prowess
• 62 WPM
• Adaptive Instructional Technology Knowledge
• One-on-One Tutoring Experince
• Curriculum Development
• Coaching and Mentoring
Cambridge Learning Center
Tutor, 02/2017 – Current
• Supervised groups of up to six K-12 students at a time, each with their own school schedule and educational needs.
• Privately tutored several students.
• Worked one-on-one with an ADD student tutoring English.
• Managed curriculum for several students silumtaneously, assigning extra work before tests on specific subjects.
• Created and printed from home additional work for students who were not challenged enough or who did not react well to the work assigned by the learning center.
• Assigned separate work on websites such as Duolingo.com, Quizlet.com, and other online learning resources to expand on subjects.
Mira Mesa Library
Volunteer, 01/2016 - Current
• Set up and take down of Mira Mesa Library Origami Club.
• Creation or discovery of new origami models to create, as well as managment of materials and attendants
• Member of TAG (Teen Advisory Group) focusing on running of and creating new Library events for patrons of all ages and demographics
Homeschooled – San Diego CA: High School Diploma 2016
Miramar College Student: June 2017- Current
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||$30||Not available|
|5 hours||$18||$68||Not available|
|10 hours||$15||$115||Not available|