Some of the things which allow my work to stand out, is the age range of students I have had the privelage of tutoring. This has given me the tools to prepare students/clients of all ages for success. In addition the wide range of subjects I am comfortable with and have had experience teaching is unique and families can hire one tutor for multiple subjects.
I adore teaching and love that private tutoring affords be the opportunity to work with students individually. I usually work with school age students tutoring test preparation, extra after school tutoring or academic support. I am particularly proud of helping a middle school aged girl who was struggling with Chinese language classes and was considering changing classes,but with my services she gained more confidence and is now preparing for the advanced Chinese language class.
Curriculum Design • Mandarin (Chinese) Instructor • Foreign Language Instructor
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Award-winning and passionate educator with a proven track record of improving student achievement.
• Fluent in English, Mandarin (Chinese),Spanish, Italian, French, Hebrew and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Certified, with experience designing curriculum for English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
• Earned “Educator of the Month” on three separate occasions at Kaplan University for outstanding performance as an ESL Instructor.
• Outstanding knowledge of Chinese culture, customs and traditions.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Project and Visio; Citrix; Classes; and SPSS.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Instructor and Translator, Kaplan International – New York, NY May 2013- December 2015( Division Closure)
• Administered entrance examinations using online K+ Software
• Educate a diverse group of students whose native language is not English.
• Design the curriculum to best teach students how to master the English language.
• Showcase strong classroom management and presentation skills to improve student knowledge.
• Earned “Educator of the Month” on three separate occasions for outstanding performance.
• Recognized as the first educator to earn a perfect score on an exit survey that was completed by a student.
Private Tutor – Beijing, China and New York, NY 2009-Present
• Provide childcare and Instruct ESL, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Mandarin, Italian. French, Hebrew, Spanish and Standardized testing to children and adults on a one-on-one basis.
Short-Term, Additional Experience:
Intern Manager, Conference of Non-Governmental Organizations (United Nations) 2011
• Provided consultative services during the General Assembly and showcased strong leadership while overseeing interns.
Translator, Sky News – Beijing, China 2008
• Used Mandarin (Chinese) language skills to help journalists’ research stories for the 2008 Summer Olympics, which were held in Beijing, China.
Translator, Broad & Bright Law Firm – Beijing, China 2008
• Assisted attorneys by translating documents from Mandarin (Chinese) to the English language.
EDUCATION AND AFFILIATIONS
Teachers of Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages: Teacher’s College, Columbia University September 2016-
BA, Asian Studies and International Relations, Mount Holyoke College; earned 2009
• Completed a Summer Language Program in Mandarin (Chinese).
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Certified
International Chinese Language Program, Peking University School of International Studies; 2007-2008
• Ranked in the Top 2% of all students in the Advanced Language Program.
Falcon Chinese Summer Program, Cornell University; 2007
Member, Scholarship Committee, Caux Scholars Program – Geneva, Switzerland
Mount Holyoke College: working to help launch a section of the Asian Studies department website dedicated to connecting alumnae and current/ graduating students. Will be first featured biography upon website completion.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, general knowledge lessons for all!
Taking civic education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|