Good course materials with sufficient problems/examples and case study are very effective. I feel that "seeing is believing" and so audio-visual aids like using power-point slides for lectures, providing handouts, showing video clips to emphasize important points and Websites are effective learning tools with proven impacts.
This is to appraise here that I obtained B. Sc and M. Sc degree from the Department of Chemistry and later Ph. D. from the major Advanced Polymer and Fiber Materials. I possess experience to teach Chemistry related courses such as Physical, Organic, Inorganic and Polymer Chemistry for textile engineering students.
Ph.D. in Advanced Polymer and Fibre Materials, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea, 2015,
M. Phil. in Materials & Metallurgical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008,
M. Sc. in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Islamic University, Kushtia, Bangladesh, 2005,
Result: 1st Class (69.77%)
B. Sc. in Applied Chemistry & Chemical Engineering, Islamic University, Kushtia, Bangladesh, 2004,
Result: 1st Class (61.21%)
Higher Secondary School Certificate (H.S.C.), Kushtia Government College, Kushtia, Bangladesh, 1999,
Result:1st Division, 75.4%
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C.), Police Line High School, Kushtia, Bangladesh, 1997,
Result: 1st Division
Career and experiences
• Research Assistant, PPS Project of S.K. Chemicals, Republic of Korea, 2009-2014.
• Lecturer, Dept. of Textile Engineering, Institute of Science, Trade and Technology (ISTT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008-2009.
• Research Fellow, (Professor Dr. Nurul Afser Khan Post Graduate Fellowship), BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007-2008.
• Scientific Officer, Joint Project of Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission & UNDP, Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology, Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007-2008.
• Teaching Assistant, Dept. of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007-2009.
• Lecturer - Chemistry, Khalishakundi College, Kushtia, Bangladesh, 2007.
Ph. D. Thesis
Thesis title: “Studies on the Structural Modification of Polyphenylene Sulfide Fiber (PPS) by Sulfonation and its Application”.
Lab.: Department of Advanced Polymer and Fiber Materials, Kyung Hee University, South Korea, 2009-2014.
M. Phil. Thesis
Thesis title: “Matrix Modification and its effect on the Physico-mechanical Properties of Jute/Glass Hybrid Polymer Composite”.
Lab: Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) & Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2007 to 2009.
M. Sc Thesis
Title “Studies on composite preparation of grafted Agava atroverance (Pulque) fiber with synthetic polymer LDPE and their properties”.
Lab: Pilot Plant & Polymer Development Centre, BCSIR Laboratories, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2005-2006.
Common Courses studied in B. Sc. M. Sc. M. Phil. and Ph. D.
Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Eng, Polymer Sciences, Chemical Technology (I-V), Metallurgy, Spectroscopy, Material Science, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Technology, Fuels and Petrochemicals, Math (I-V), Macromolecular Chemistry, Surfactant and Surface Chemistry, Advanced Chemical Technology, Recent Advances in Metallurgy, Statistics and Fourier Analysis, High Temperature Oxidation of Metals and Alloys, Advanced Composite, Advanced Biomaterials, Advanced Polymer Physics, Advanced Electrochemistry, Instrumental Analysis, Sol-gel Process, Advanced Polymer Chemistry, Polymers in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Applied Biochemistry, Polymeric Materials Science .
1. Shamim-Ara Pervin, A. Anand Prabu and Kap Jin Kim* “Dyeing Behavior of Chemically Modified Poly(1,4-phenylene sulfide) Fiber towards Disperse, Anionic, and Cationic Dyes”,Journal of Fibers and Polymers, 15(6), 2014, 1168-1174.
2. Shamim-Ara Pervin and Kap Jin Kim* “Preparation and Evaluation of Polyvinylidene Fluoride-Partially Sulfonated Polyphenylene Sulfide Based Desalination Membranes with Improved Hydrophilicity”, Journal of Macromolecular Research, 23(1), 2015, 86-93.
3. Mubarak A. Khan, Ruhul A. Khan, Hydar U. Zaman, Shamim-Ara Pervin and A. I. Mustafa, “Comparative Studies of Mechanical and Interfacial Properties between Jute and E-glass Fibers Reinforced Polypropylene Composites”, Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 29(7), 2010, 1078-1088.
4. Mubarak A. Khan, Sushanta Ghosal, Ruhul A. Khan, Shamim-Ara Pervin and A. I. Mustafa, “Preparation and Characterization of Jute Fiber Reinforced Shellac Bio-composites: Effect of Additive” Chemistry & Chemical Technology. 2 (3), (2008) 232-234.
5. Haydar U Zaman, Mubarak A. Khan, Ruhul A. Khan, S. Pervin and Md. Al-Mamun,
“A Comparative Study between Gamma and UV Radiation of Jute Fabrics/PP Composites: Effect of Starch”. Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 29(13), 2010, 1930-1939.
6. Shamim-Ara Pervin, M. Moniruzzaman, “Graft Copolymerization onto Bleached Agave atroverance (Pulque) fiber with Vinyl Monomer & Its Physicochemical Properties”, (Submitted), Indian Journal of Fiber & Textile Research, (07 May, 2008).
Manuscripts (in progress)
1. Shamim-Ara Pervin, A. Anand Prabu and Kap Jin Kim*, New Evaluation Method of Average Molecular Weight and the Degree of Branching for Poly(phenylene sulfide)s Prepared by Different Polymerizations. To be submitted to Polymer Testing.
2. Shamim-Ara Pervin, A. Anand Prabu and Kap Jin Kim*, Origin of Peculiar Piezoelectricity of Nanofiber Web Prepared through Electrospinning the Blend Solution of PVDF and Partially Sulfonated Polyarylene-based Polymers. To be submitted to Polymer Rapid Communication.
3. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Mubarak A. Khan, Ruhul A. Khan and Qumrul Ahsan, “Study
on the micro foaming behaviour of jute mat reinforced polypropylene composites”,
To be submitted to Journal of Applied Polymer Science.
1. Kap Jin Kim, Shamim-Ara Pervin, A. Anand Prabu, “A Novel Evaluation Method of Degree of Branching of Poly(p-Phenylene Sulfide)”, Korea Patent Application No. 10-2(concealed information) (2014. 4.2)
2. Kap Jin Kim, Shamim-Ara Pervin, So Young Lee, A. Anand Prabu, “Novel piezoelectric sensor and nanogenerator based on nanofiber web prepared through electrospinning the blend solution of PVDF and partially sulfonated polyarylene-based polymers”, Korea Patent Application No. 10-2(concealed information) (2013.11.22)
3. Kap Jin Kim, Shamim-Ara Pervin, “A novel preparation method of hydrophilic membrane having excellent water permeability, size exclusion selectivity, and anti-fouling using the blend solution of PVDF and partially sulfonated polyarylene-based polymers”, Korea Patent Application No. 10-2(concealed information) (2013. 9.24)
1. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Kap Jin Kim*, Arun Anand Prabu and Yong Taek Lee, “Studies on Polyvinylidene fluoride-Sulfonated Polyphenylene sulfide based desalination Membranes with improved hydrophilicity”, 14th AUTEX World Textile Conference, Bursa, Turkey (2014).
2. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Yu Jin Ahn, Arun Anand Prabu and Kap Jin Kim*, “Electrospininng of Polyvinylidene fluoride-Sulfonated Polyphenylene sulfide blends and their Piezoelectricity Measurement” 14th AUTEX World Textile Conference, Bursa, Turkey (2014).
3. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Ji Ki Yong, Song Wun Kim, Yong Taek Lee, and Kap Jin Kim*, "Preparation and Characterization of Membrane Constituted with Binary Mixture of PVDF and sPPS for Improving the Membrane Properties", The International Textile Conference 2013, Daegu, Korea (2013).
4. Mi Kyong Yoo, Ik Mo Kim, Yu Jin Ahn, Shamim-Ara Pervin, Kap Jin Kim*, Sang Woo Jin, Jong Cheol Jeong, and Woo Chul Kim, “An Eco-friendly Regenerated Cellulose Fiber Spun from Cotton Linter Pulp in NMMO Monohydrate by Lyocell Process”, CIMTEC2012, Montecatini Terme, Italy (2012).
5. Shamim-Ara Pervin, and Kap Jin Kim*, “New Evaluation Method of Average Molecular Weight and the Degree of Branching for Quality Control in Poly(phenylene sulfide) Manufacturing Company”, The 12th Asian Textile Conference, New Prospects on Textile, Shanghai, China (2012).
6. Shamim-Ara Pervin, and Kap Jin Kim*, “Cationic Modification of Poly (phenylene sulfide) Fiber and Its Application”, The 11th Asian Textile Conference, Knowledge Convergence in Textile for Human and Nature. ATC-11, Daegu, Korea (2011).
7. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Mubarak A. Khan, Qumrul Ahsan and Ruhul A. Khan, “Study on Micro Foaming Behavior of Jute Reinforced Polypropylene Composite” poster presentation (CPP-040), Abstract, Bangladesh Physical Society, P-90, 15th May 2009.
8. Shamim-Ara Pervin, Mubarak A. Khan, Qumrul Ahsan and Ruhul A. Khan, “Effect of Water Degradation on the Mechanical Properties of Jute/Glass Fiber Reinforced Hybrid Polyester Composite” poster presentation, Conference article, BASS, 12-14 February 2009.
9. Shamim-Ara Pervin, M. Moniruzzaman, “Grafting of Agave atroverance (pulque) Fiber with Different Types of Vinyl Monomers” Abstract, Bangladesh Chemical Congress (PP- 4), P-67, 9-11 March 2007, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
10. Shamim-Ara Pervin, M. Moniruzzaman, A. Gafur, “Composite of LDPE-Bleached and Grafted Pulque Fiber and its Properties” Abstract, Bangladesh Chemical Congress (OP-A19), P-27, 9-11 March 2007, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Islamic University, Kushtia, Bangladesh Merit Awards 2004, 2005.
• NSICT Fellowship, Bangladesh Ministry of Education, 2007.
• Professor Dr. Nurul Afser Khan Post Graduate Fellowship, Bangladesh Council of
• Scientific and Industrial Research, 2009.
• Ph. D. Scholarship from Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea 2009-2014.
• Strong command on multimedia presentation and public speaking.
• Good organizing, motivating and instructing capabilities.
• Good command in reading, writing and speaking in Bengali, English, Korean and A1 level German language.
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, biochemistry lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|