I would like to base my classes according to an individual and look to improve and work on their weaknesses. I like to understand the structure of an exam and really look to understand the best way of approaching it, whilst also making sure to understand each sub topic for each exam.
Recently completed Finance and Management MSc at Loughborough University and now looking to develop transferable skills from both completed Masters and Bachelors, and employ numerical and analytical ability in a Business and Finance related role. I am currently working as a Finance Assistant in the media and production industry and aspire to begin CIMA and further my knowledge in finance and become a qualified management accountant. I am also a very keen sportsman and love playing cricket football and badminton.
CIMA Registered Student – BA1, BA2, BA3, BA4, E1, P1, F1 (Exemptions) 2018 - Current
MSc Finance & Management, Loughborough University - Obtained Merit 2016-2017
• Included - Foundations of Corporate Finance (74%), Accounting and Performance Measurement (71%), Human Resource Management (69%), Financial Theory and Policy (68%)
BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, University of Nottingham - Obtained 2:1 2013-2016
• Included - Chemical Biology and Enzymes (71%), Atmospheric Chemistry (70%), Molecular Basis of Medicine (70%), Biochemical Skills (70%), Cellular and Molecular Immunology (69%)
A-Levels, Ilford County High School, Barkingside, Essex 2010-2012
• Mathematics (A), Chemistry (B), Biology (B)
GCSEs, Ilford County High School, Barkingside, Essex 2009-2010
• Chemistry (A*), Mathematics (A), Biology (A), Physics (A), English Language (A), English Literature (A), Physical Ed (A), Religious Studies (A), Information Technology (B), Economics (B), French (C)
WORK AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
42M&P – Finance Department Oct-2017 - Current
• Preparing client statements using Tagmin after receiving various sums from different companies and ensuring clients are paid in a timely manner, followed by an e-mail confirmation to clients.
• Producing purchase/ sales ledgers for clients or colleagues when prompted and in a timely manner.
• Regular online banking to make external payments and internal transfers across various accounts.
• Manually inputting invoices into Sage on a daily basis and reconciling with bank transactions.
• Using Sage to pull reports on clients and historic data to support several different projects.
• Assisted in month-end tasks to a timely manner, ensuring deadlines were met effectively.
• Monthly bank reconciliations ensuring all received income are allocated accordingly.
• Handling and bookkeeping of petty cash daily ensuring the records and receipts balance.
• Solving queries raised directly by clients or agents effectively and efficiently via phone and e-mail.
• Analysing and researching large sets of historical data using various excel functions to find indifferences and errors in the allocation of received income and making the required amendments.
• Continuously trying to find alternate strategies in current processes to improve efficiency.
London Stansted Airport Finance Department Jun-Sept 2014
• Prepared invoices and credit notes valuing over £1,000,000 using Oracle on a weekly basis.
• Assisted in month-end tasks for accounting duties to be completed in a timely manner.
• Audited and processed incoming bills once the head of department made an approval.
• Developed solutions for clients when dealing with queries via e-mail and telephone calls.
• Provided finance team with the latest developments on client matters and invoices.
• Participated in monthly boardroom meetings, topics varied from the airport’s financial performance targets, the expansion of the airport including the takeover by Manchester Airport.
• Inputting and reconciling bank statements on a daily basis, which could value over £10,000,000.
• Analysing data to find indifferences between invoices and credit notes for Stansted Airport.
• Organised the contact list of clients for Stansted Airport, for easy navigation for future referrers.
• Took part in a charity event refurbishing a secondary school for the local community.
Oakfield Parkonians Cricket Club 2010-Ongoing
Youth Coach (Volunteer)
• Assisting with game strategy when prompted to ensure the best possible chance of winning.
• Leading different exercises and routines, whilst working closely with youth teams helping improve various skills and weaknesses of individual cricketers to a very high standard.
• Avid member of the management committee which has led to the youth team’s great success in recent years including the Cox & Kings Cup, Matchplay Cup and the County Cup.
Compass Group PLC Matchday - Box Waiter Sept 2010-Jul 2011
Michael Filiou PLC - Accounts Assistant (Work experience) Jun 2009-Jul 2009
• Excellent organisational skills as I have created several fundraisers for my local cricket club one of which is now our biggest annual event raising over £2500 each year.
• Arranged weekly fixtures for the Tamil Society’s football and cricket teams
• Researching information and writing detailed reports of the processes and outcomes of weekly experiments as part of my university degree and dissertation.
• Handling and processing large amounts of quantitative historical data using various excel functions, whilst taking on a bank-reconciling project as a Finance Assistant.
Leadership and Teamwork
• Previously the Events Coordinator for Tamil Society for The University of Nottingham, collaborating with other societies and being responsible for many Midland events such as Kangna, Koothu Night.
• Honed my leadership skills becoming a competitive captain for my cricket club, receiving the Jack Petchey Award, and currently coaching the youth team winning multiple trophies.
• Excellent Excel user, including data interpretation, basic macros, charts, pivot tables, V-lookups.
• Confident knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
• Knowledge and experience of invoicing using Oracle, Sage and Tagmin.
PERSONAL INTERESTS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• A very keen and enthusiastic sportsman particularly in cricket, football and badminton.
• Native in English and basic knowledge of Tamil, French and Spanish.
• 7 years experience in playing the Mridangam (Indian drums) including in front of large audiences.
• Participated in multiple competitive chess tournaments across the country reaching county level.
• Full driving license (clean).
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|