BSc. Chemistry; MDiv Theology; two decades of engaging various African cultures to explore the human condition. If we are to develop we must be community oriented and wholistically considerate.
I learn best by engaging in another's life and walking together on their journey.
>> growing in a small community
>> developing an understanding of both my nation and ethnic background.
>> embracing both my learning preference and teaching style
>> conforming to an educational system and yet yearning to transcend it.
Moving Forward by Hearing a distant drumbeat.
David Griffith; B.Sc.(Chem) M. Div.
Community Development; Team Building; Cross-Cultural
Expertise 1)Teaching - taught Church History and Communications at Central Buganda University, Mpigi.
- developed a model for college education in Southern Sudan; and have researched thesis work in this field.
co-laboured with an established institution to expand their colleges into Uganda and Kenya
Directed content development and monitored progress of several tertiary institutions
2) Community Development: Mobilized small groups in various villages in East Africa to develop vision and purpose within and beyond their community.
Networked for community empowerment with visionaries with different skill sets.
Engaged in social networks to direct others in their calling.
3) Cross Cultural – Travelled throughout Africa from Egypt to South Africa spending most time in East and Central Africa. I never travelled as a tourist but as a sojourner. The Sojourner lifestyle has enriched my soul and spirit.
2011 to Present - Conducting community missions in East Africa with my wife, Lucy.
2007 to 2011 - Itinerant Teacher; Kenya. [2010 mobile schools with Family Transformation School]
1998 to 2007 - Itinerant Teacher; Uganda. [2005/6 Staff; Youth With a Mission; Arua, Uganda]
1986 to 1998 - Parish Priest - Anglican Church of Canada, southern Ontario
assisted or held the position of Rector four different locales. Windsor (2), London, Southampton.
* chaired all meetings of the board of management for the parish
* beyond the parish, held executive positions for various Christian organization and ministries (eg. Windsor
Evangelical Fellowship, March for Jesus Organizing Committee)
* Chaired Long Range Planning Committee for a major social service agency (Downtown Mission)
* Member of various diocesan church committees, particularly those to do with spiritual development
>>B.S., Chemistry 1982
Mcmaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
>>M.Div., Divinity 1986
Huron College, London, Ontario
Preparation for Anglican ordination as a Deacon and Priest
>>Courses in Computer Networking and Radio and TV Broadcasting. Enhancing skills.
* Sports: Yacht Racing,Cross-country Skiing, Cycling, Volleyball, Softball, Racquet sports...and if I have to Golf!
* Leisure: Amateur Dramatics both serious drama, comedy and musicals. Any context where I can display my
musical and theatrical skills
* Music: Guitar - I have both played, composed and taught individually and groups. Various Choirs and smaller singing groups.
acting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest improvisational theater lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical theater lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|