My teaching method is based on my teaching experience. I toughed in several language schools and I customize my classes to my students skills and needs. I have a textbook my students can buy on amazon and follow that text.
I am a native tutor with BA in Italian language and literature and have been teaching Italian privately and at school for over 20 years, in Italy and USA. I have wide experience teaching adults and children all levels. I offer one on one classes, group classes and conversation classes. I tutor students at UCLA and USC and I prepare them for the Italian exams. I have over 1000 hours of Italian tutoring and my clients range from University student to writers, producers, business people and actors. My students are already able to speak Italian after ten lessons.
126 North Almont Drive, Apt. 1 ● Beverly Hills, CA 90211 ● (concealed information) – Ph. (concealed information)
ITALIAN TEACHER – TRANSLATOR - INTERPRETER
Methodical and creative individual with 20+ years’ experience working as an Italian teacher, translator and Interpreter in Italy and USA. Extensive experience working as a teacher to adults and children age 3 to 10. Responsible for planning lessons and implementing activities for students of Italian Language to all levels and responsible for preparing students for Italian tests at UCLA and USC.
Very good writer, with excellent grammar and knowledge of different writing styles in her native language and in English. Fluent in Italian and English and very familiar with the cultural differences between the country or in which the source language(s) and target language(s) are spoken. Functions as cultural consultants and let clients know when something does not work or is inappropriate in the target culture. Interprets written and audio pieces in different languages, making sure to maintain their original meaning, format and tone. Creative, reflective and thoughtful professional.
SKILLS OVERVIEW • Demonstrated keen eye for detail and fluency in English in addition to her Italian native language • Demonstrated ability in reading and thoroughly understanding the context of given material, using specialized dictionaries and translation tools and proofreading finished pieces of work • Provided ready-to-use translated content that met the company internal needs and helped them reach a broader audience • Excellent analytical skills • Excellent speaking skills in the target language(s). Clear enunciation, voice projection and discourse structuring • Excellent memory and note-taking skills • Excellent interpersonal skills • Bilingual Italian and English.
ITALIAN TEACHER, ITALIAN TRANSLATOR AND INTERPRETER
WYZANT.COM, Chicago, IL | January 2013 to Present
• Private and group Italian classes for all levels for adults and for children age 3 to 10 years’ old.
• Private and group conversation classes.
• Creates a curriculum developmentally appropriate for all levels for students travelling to Italy for work and for leisure.
• Prepares UCLA and USC students to take Italian college exams..
• Provides service as Italian English Translator and Interpreter.
ITALIAN CONNECTIONS, Los Angeles, CA | January 1997 to Present
• Manages private and group classes for adults and children.
• Creates a curriculum developmentally appropriate for all levels.
• Provides translation and interpretation services to several clients in the fields of FASHION, DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE, FOODS, BEVERAGES, HEALTH, MEDICINE, LAW, TRAVEL AND BUSINESS.
• Full linguistic support for project managers on their projects
THE LANGUAGE DOOR, Encino, CA | October 2013 to May 2015
• Imparted private and group Italian classes for adults.
• Created a curriculum developmentally appropriate for all levels.
• Provided translation and interpretation service for several clients.
PAGE ACADEMY, Los Angeles, CA | August 2018 – Present
• Works with a mixed-age group of children following a developmental curriculum. Establishes and enforces rules for behavior.
• Provides a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and to use.
WILSHIRE BOULEVARD TEMPLE, Los Angeles, CA | August 2017 - August 2018
• Worked with a mixed-age group of children following an emergent, Reggio and constructivist curriculum. Established and enforced rules for behavior.
• Provided a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and to use.
• Worked together with a curriculum specialist to document children’s learning process and tracks individual needs.
• Planed curriculum and wrote weekly effective newsletters.
LA CASA GIOCOSA PRESCHOOL, Beverly Hills, CA | January 2014 – March 2014
• Developed and imparted lesson plan in ITALIAN.
• Developed and handed out materials to aid the learning process.
• Assisted students in managing class assignments.
• Organized class space to ensure an optimum learning environment.
BA in English and German Literature – I.U.L.M. – University of Foreign Languages of Milan, Italy - 1991
Early Childhood Education – SMC and UCLA – LA, CA (9 Units) - Present
Yoga for Children Teacher Certification – SM, CA - 2006
Chief Flight Cabin Attendant Certificate – 1992
Windows, Word, Excel, Internet.
italian lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|