My teaching method varies per student based on their personality, experience, and strengths in language learning. Lessons may vary from vocabulary and pronunciation practice, immersion into conversation practice or grammatical reading comprehension. Lessons will lean toward students passions in specific areas or subjects in order to enhance the learning process.
A public service professional that prides himself on dedication, reliability, teamwork, and leadership-- with local, national and international experience. A student who spent over 10 years studying the Spanish language and over 2 years of living & working in Latin America (Paraguay and Peru). An effective teacher that knows the best methods for English speakers to master the Spanish language both grammatically and conversationally depending upon their personalities and cognitive skills.
City College of New York | Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Non-Profit Management, 2015
The State University of New York at Cortland | Bachelor of Arts Degree in History & Constitutional Law, 2012
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT VOLUNTEER | US PEACE CORPS | PARAGUAY | 2016-2018
• Director of Marketing & Creative Content for Jóvenes Por Paraguay with the mission to develop leadership skills, civic engagement and gender equality in underserved communities. Increased Facebook presence by over 1,500 followers in under a year by introducing dynamic video content and interactive online discussions.
• Provided marketing and research assistance to CiudadesPY, a digital platform that provides up-to-date touristic information and real-time assistance to tourists visiting Paraguay. As well, developed a sustainable marketing strategy to attract new business partners.
• Organized tourism projects to promote the Jesuit and Guaraní history in various cities within the department of Misiones. Published photography and video content for over 6 cities that spread over many different digital mediums.
• Advised the small business ReciClar+ with marketing, creative and business development plan.
COMMUNICATIONS/LEGISLATIVE ASSISTANT | NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL | NEW YORK | 2014-2015
• Drafted press releases, talking points, intergovernmental & constituent letters, media advisories and legislative memorandums.
• Assisted managing legislative agenda, along with conducting legislative research.
• Interviewed prospective interns and managed interns in daily office tasks.
• Managed social media pages and maintained communications with press daily.
CLERK | VILLAGE OF LYNBROOK | NEW YORK | 2013-2015
• Developed and organized a system to create efficiency and transparency through digitalization of property records.
• Assisted constituents and businesses with processing applications.
LEGISLATIVE INTERN | US HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES | WASHINGTON, DC | SUMMER 2014
• Participated in briefings and committee hearings, as well as researched, drafted and analyzed documents pertaining to various public policies.
• Communicated with constituents and press routinely regarding local policies and individual inquiries.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH INTERN | THE ADVANCED GROUP | NEW YORK | 2012-2013
• Assisted organizing community grassroots outreach fundraising events and policy campaigns.
• Managed fundraising call-time for clients and organized campaign mailers.
VOLUNTEER | TITANS WRESTLING | NEW YORK | 2012-2015
• Mentored youth on the importance of teamwork, leadership, physical fitness and the fundamentals of wrestling.
VOLUNTEER | PROJECT HAPPY | NEW YORK | 2015
• Assisted in organizing youth recreational activities with physical and mental disabilities.
PRESIDENT | PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT CLUB | NEW YORK | 2013-2015
• Organized events with sponsors that educated students on opportunities for a career in public service.
English (Native) | Spanish (Fluent)
Excellent! Hi Patrick, my daughter missed having you as her teacher. Thanks for everything. I wish you could come back.
Zamora was a great student. She was dedicated, attentive, and is very intelligent. I hope to be able to teach her again in the future! I wish her all the best this school year. :)
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||$100||$75|