New on this platform, but Professor since 2016, I teach online and in the Alliance française of Salvador de Bahia. I am native from Reims, in France but I am living as an expatriate in Brazil.
The advantage of having a private professor is to have exactly what you need and how you need it. I build my lessons to give you exactly that. I will provide all the materials you require, including video and audio documents, articles, grammar exercises etc.
Few rules during class :
Don’t be shy, I don’t bite! You are here to learn and make mistakes.
Never stop asking questions. I am very patient, so don’t worry or be sorry if you think you have too many questions, I will answer every one of them.
Leave your native language behind the time of our lesson, or try to use it as least as possible, sign language is fine if you need it! You will see how imaginative you can be when you have no other choice.
Tell me when you don’t understand, don’t show off by faking, there is nothing wrong to not understand, and you don’t have any time to lose.
Don’t be scared of being too casual or informal with me, I am not just your professor for the time being; talk to me as your friend, and that will make things easier, believe me.
After class :
Keep notes of anything you are thinking about outside lessons, and we will talk about it.
Do the homework I gave you, I will never burry you under too much work, but homework it is really important for your learning process.
Surround yourself as much as you can with french « things » : films, musics, radio, books or friends even! They will help you without even noticing.
Book a free lesson, and let’s meet each other! The best way to learn a new langage is to find the professor who you will feel good to learn with…
French by birth, I lived in France until 2011 and then in the United Kingdom, from where I left in 2016 to settle in Brazil. Learning a new language each time I moved in another country made me discover the world of language teaching for adults which awakened in me the desire to become a French teacher myself.
I started by giving online lessons to students from USA, United Kingdom, Italy, Brazil… I since professionalized my teaching career and have been employed as a french professor in the Alliance Française of Salvador da Bahia, which is one of the most recognized french school.
I have been teaching students preparing to exchange programs, people traveling for holidays in France, professionals adding some knowledges to their curriculum… All type of students with all types of background!
- French professor in the Alliance Française of Salvador da Bahia, in Brazil. (actual employment)
- Training in the action-oriented approach and project-based learning in French FLE classes organized by the Institut du Français au Brésil, the French Ministry of Education, the APFEBA and the Alliance Française.
- Online French professor since 2016. (actual employment)
- Certificate of competence in Portuguese language, level A2/B1, at Brazilink school in Salvador da Bahia, april 2016.
- Certificate of competence in English language, level B2, at the Lycée Théophile Gaultier of Paris, november 2010.
- DNSEP - Diplôme National Supérieur d'Études Plastiques with specialization in Design, equivalent to a european master, at the ESAD of Reims, France, in 2005.
- DNAP - Diplôme National d'Arts Plastiques with specialization in Design, at the ESAD of Reims, France, in 2002.
- Baccalaureate, scientific section with plastic arts specialization, in 1999.
Perfect! I am very lucky to have Fabien as my French tutor!
Within just a couple of months I was able to use some of my French knowledge during my summer holidays in Paris. I was so happy to be able to check-in at the hotel, order a meal at the restaurants, and buy things at the shops.
Fabien apart from being well prepared for his classes and being able to use efficiently the online services to make the lessons as easy and interesting as possible, he also has some aditional qualities that in my opinion set him apart.
- By being a native speaker, he has helped me to learn the importance of the clarity of communication and the correct pronunciation of French language and he is also in the position to be able to talk to me about the French everyday life and culture
- By having lived in foreign countries and being an expat himself, he can understand my difficulties and my needs in learning French as a foreigner
- His kind nature and good sense of humour have helped me not to afraid to make mistakes or to ask questions that I would otherwise deem as silly
Having French lessons with Fabien is something I am really looking forward to every single week!
Really good and efficient classes with you Costas, you are a beginner with a lot of potential!
I started taking classes with Fabien a few months ago and I cannot recommend him highly enough!
Fabien is a great teacher! His classes are well planned and varied. His teaching method is excellent and can already see great progress.
A part from homework and material for the classes, Fabien also provides additional online tools that I often use to review the previous lesson.
So, I am very happy with the results so far!
Fabien is an awesome teacher. As a good 1 to 1 tutor, he knows in what really matters for the student, making it worth for the private lessons. The way used to teach, by Skype, seems to be a barrier at first sight, but actually it makes easier for the dynamics to work the best, as he uses online resources, and correct my mistakes right when I commit them, and building my own vocabulary as I have doubts or commit mistakes etc (he uses, for example, a nice platform to send homeworks, from which I concretize my skills acknowledged in that week) It is a well guided french mentoring for my personal purposes (in my case, as a hobby and for academic reasons), and that’s the biggest reason why I’m happy to be recommending! Besides that, his French accent is very valuable when you look for learning directly with a proper native French speaker from the surroundings of Paris, thus, even if Brazilian, I feel like closer to achieving the best way to pronounce words and communicating, with his French touch and hints. At last, but not less important, it is a fun moment in my routine, always making my lessons interesting, even if with a heavy subject, and that helps a lot! And I feel free to commit mistakes, to be pointed out on my mistakes, and properly learn!
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|