I absolutely love teaching and tutoring Spanish! Learning a language can be such a rewarding experience, and helping students communicate in a foreign language and succeed in their classes is my ultimate goal. I am confident that my punctuality, patience, and passion will help you achieve your goals and increase your confidence using the beautiful Spanish language. I am happy to work with your textbook and class materials, or provide supplemental practice. Whether it is basic conjugation and grammar, or literature and cultural analysis, I am available for tutoring any Spanish topic.
I am a Native Spanish-speaker from Puerto Rico. I was raised in Aliso Viejo and picked up both Spanish and English at an early age: Spanish through my parents and English through school and simply living in California. My formal Spanish education includes 4 years of Spanish at Aliso Niguel High School, including AP IV and AP V. I can fluently read, write, and speak Spanish and I have taught grammar and conversation lessons in both California public schools and in Spain. Last year, I decided to begin working my way towards becoming a high school Spanish teacher. I quickly got my substitute permit and began substitute teaching for Spanish classes in Capistrano Unified School District. Last summer, I spent 8 weeks teaching Spanish at a private language academy in Madrid, Spain. I am currently in my second semester of my Single-Subject Credential in Spanish at CSU Long Beach.
SUMMARY OF APPLICABLE SKILLS
• Current Spanish credential student with public school classroom experience.
• Bilingual with ability to speak, read, and write at an advanced level in Spanish and English.
• Engaging personality with enthusiasm for teaching and working with others.
• Highly organized with meticulous and timely attention to detail.
Capistrano Unified School District – Orange County, CA January 2019 – Present
• Lead classrooms of ~30 students in public schools.
• Accomplish lesson objectives and goals as outlined by teacher’s plans.
• Comply with school and district policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional yet approachable attitude while covering various subjects with adolescents.
Eureka School of Spanish Language – Madrid, Spain June 2019 – August 2019
• Teacher of ELE (Español como Lengua Extranjera) at an Instituto Cervantes-accredited academy.
• Constructed and carried out lesson plans to teach students ages 12 to 60+ from around the world.
Herbalife Nutrition – Lake Forest, CA October 2016 – December 2018
• Member of the primary microbiology lab for a large international corporation.
• Required to communicate results to executive management through presentations and emails.
Mustang Success Center – Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, CA January 2014 – June 2016
• Administrative and communicative point of contact for students in an academic advising office.
• Provided customer service for walk-in advising to students from diverse backgrounds.
CSU Long Beach
Single Subject Credential in Spanish (In Progress)
Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
BS, Microbiology, Class of 2016
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|