My teaching practices are based in dialogue, in helping the students reach the answer needed for their individual papers, and dealing with the students' hopes and self-image as writers. I like to give regular short writing exercises that bring up the students' own insights, then help the students express those insights through clear writing.
I have taught college English classes for twenty years and have experience as a writer and editor. I am currently living in India studying Hindi and Urdu. Because of this, I know the experience of struggling in a new language. I work to help students express themselves through writing and understand complex ideas in listening.
In progress, Master of Arts in International Studies, South Asian Studies,
University of Washington. Anticipated graduation June 2019.
Master of Fine Arts in English creative writing, Bowling Green State University,
Bachelor of Arts in English, specializing in writing, theatre minor, University of
Nebraska at Kearney, 1996.
Advanced competence in Hindi, Urdu, and French.
University of Michigan-Dearborn
August 1998 to July 2017.
LEO Lecturer II, teaching expository, technical and creative writing courses.
• Composition 099: Writing Techniques.
• Composition 105: Writing and Rhetoric I.
• Composition 106: Writing and Rhetoric II.
• Composition 110: Honors Composition I.
• Compositions 220: Honors Composition II.
• Composition 227: Intermediate Exposition and Argument.
• Composition 270: Technical Writing.
• Composition 280: Business Writing.
• Composition 399: Independent Study.
• English 223: Intro to Creative Writing.
• English 231: Intro to Literature: Poetry.
• English 323: Advanced Creative Writing.
• English 444: Seminar in Twentieth-Century Poetry.
• Liberal Studies 124. Wireless World.
South Asian Conference of the Pacific Northwest, 2018 and 2019.
Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2002, 2003, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017.
Cultural Rhetorics, 2014, 2016.
oral expression - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|