I have a PhD in number theory from UC Berkeley and a Master's degree in physics from the University of Chicago and a Bachelor of Arts degree in physics from the University of Michigan. I have also taken many community college courses in computer programming.
I have several years of teaching and tutoring experience as well as full-time software engineering experience from large companies. My tutoring experience includes both online and offline tutoring. In addition, I have developed various websites on my own while self-employed.
David Terr, Ph.D.
Ph.D., Mathematics (Algebraic Number Theory), University of California, Berkeley, 1997
M.S., Physics, University of Chicago, 1991
B.A., Physics, University of Michigan, 1984
Mathematician specializing in software development with experience in both public and private sectors. Background includes mathematical and computer analysis, developing computer code for simulation analysis and number theory, and adding content to websites. Technically oriented, and self-motivated. Top Secret clearance working for defense sector. Number theory special area of math expertise. Have discovered several prime numbers with over 20,000 digits. Also working proficiency in calculus, algebra, statistics, and trigonometry. Proficiency in physics and chemistry.
Languages: Java, C, C++, Matlab, Mathematica, Fortran, HTML, Basic
Platforms: Unix, Linux
Software: Mathematica, Matlab, Mathcad, Microsoft Visual C++, Dreamweaver, Smart FTP
Related Work History - Programming (9 Years)
Mathematica Programmer, (2014-2015)
• Wrote Mathematica code to provide solutions to high school and college math problems, showing all steps.
Online Instructor, (2011-2014)
• Solved problems from various math textbooks and post them on the Web.
NORTHROP GRUMMAN – Information Systems
Software Engineer, San Pedro, CA (2009-2010)
• Performed detailed analysis associated with mission management. Made extensive use of Matlab and Mathematica for this purpose as well as mathematical analysis with pencil and paper.
Web Content Development, Inglewood, CA (2006-2008)
• Identified highly searched keywords with high KEI using Wordtracker and wrote search engine optimized content using these keywords for the following websites:
• Used Dreamweaver templates to manage the content of websites in their entirety.
• Retrieved relevant pictures from istockPhoto for use on the web.
RAYTHEON – Space and Airborne Systems
Systems Engineer, Goleta, CA (2005-2006)
Performed data analysis on a proposed weather satellite. Used Matlab, Mathematica and Microsoft Excel extensively
toward this task.
Sr. Multidisciplined Engineer II, El Segundo, CA (2003-2005)
Worked on various projects pertaining to radar and location of air and ground targets.
WOLFRAM RESEARCH, Champaign, IL
Kernel Developer (2000-2003)
• Improved computer code and implemented algorithms for performing various types of mathematical calculations.
• Wrote code to factor large integers which resulted in a factor of 50 speed improvement at factoring large numbers.
• Implemented a new algorithm for computing the greatest common divisor of two large numbers.
• Wrote code to perform polynomial arithmetic.
• Developed number theory code.
• Created a cryptography add-on package which implemented several cryptosystems.
David has a tremendous amount of knowledge in the maths and sciences. He even amazes me at how well he's able to grasp and explain complex concepts.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$30|