I am currently a 5th grade teacher looking to take on tutoring as well! On a daily basis, I teach the subjects of reading, math, writing, science, and social studies. I am very familiar with the Common Core State Standards and multiple different curricula related to these standards.
I teach in a district that is very diverse. The students in my classroom range from a Kindergarten level, all the way through a high school level! Therefore, I am constantly finding new and exciting ways to meet the need of each individual student. I love to create fun and innovative lessons that truly allow students to be excited about learning! I hold high expectations for all of my students. It is my top priority to help them reach success!
I have been a classroom teacher now for four years. I have taught 5th grade for three years, and 6th grade for one year. On average, I generally have 25 students in my class each year. These students range greatly in their academic abilities. In addition to teaching during the regular school year, I also teach summer school. During this time, I have a group of about 15 students that I work closely with for five weeks. I personalize instruction to fit these students unique needs. I work with students one-on-one and in small groups daily.
As a classroom teacher in a very diverse district, I have seen my students accomplish many great things! I have seen my students improve drastically in the areas of reading and math. Last year, on a State of Connecticut assessment called the Science CMT, over 60% of my students met proficient or goal! This was the first time such a high percentage of students have met the goal.
I am flexible with rates based on individual need and location! I would love to chat to find the right price if necessary!
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a part-time tutoring position
SUMMARY: A highly dedicated and passionate educator with teaching
experience in a fast-moving, urban environment.
EDUCATION: Morningside College, Sioux City, Iowa
Master’s of Arts/Education, July 2017
Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, Connecticut
Bachelors of Science, December 2011
CERTIFICATION: Connecticut Certificate in Elementary Education (005)
EXPERIENCE: HARTFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS- Hartford, CT
Grade 5 Teacher
M.D. Fox School (August 2012-Present)
• Implemented Expeditionary Learning & Eureka Math Common Core Curricula
• Utilized protocols to promote high levels of student engagement and critical thinking skills.
• Provided differentiated instruction for high population of ELL & Special Education students.
• Collected and analyzed data to make educational decisions to improve academic achievement.
• Decreased the achievement gap in the academic areas of reading and math.
• Integrated PBIS and Restorative Justice Practices to improve school climate and culture.
• Maintained positive relationship of trust and respect with students, parents, and colleagues.
• Collaborated with administrators, district coaches, and teachers to reflect on teaching practices.
HARTFORD PUBLIC SCHOOLS- Hartford, CT
Summer School Teacher
M.D. Fox School (August 2012-Present)
• Implemented reading recovery program
• Provided guided reading instruction to students at various levels
• Utilized multiple forms of progress monitoring (DRA, DIBBELS, Quick Phonics Screener) to inform instruction.
• Positive Behavioral Intervention & Supports (PBIS) Committee
• School Climate & Culture Committee
• Literacy K-5 Cohort Representative
• Weekly Data Team Facilitator
• School Governance Council Member
• Tools for Schools Air Quality Control Program Representative
• Participated in Professional Learning Walk-Throughs
• Organized Scholastic Book Fair
Academic tutoring close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, Homework help for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|