As taught to me childhood methods used by Skinner, Bloom and Chomsky but with my adding the large amount of sensory detection - usind your own senses so you can continue to teach yourself even after the classes are finished.
With my ample sociology background (Ph.D.) I can only provide more to my students (history, geography even other languages (Serbian, Spanish, German, Italian). There is no place where you can get so much for so little. My formal education exceeds 25 years.
First five lessons free, US$15 lesson after assessment and introduction, willing to go anywhere wihtin country of Serbia (providing travel cost is covered)
Dr. Ilya Pavlovich, comp. Soc. PhD
Citizen of Arrgentina, Serbia and United States,
presently at Kopernikova 12-1, Belgrade, Serbia
Well qualified TESOL certified English teacher fluent in German, Serbian and Spanish
Kent, England: PhD – Philosophy doctorate in comparative Sociology Canterbury University, Kent, United Kingdom.
NYU – Tisch school of the Arts (double major) BFA drama + B.A. English language and world literature (Eng. AVG. grade “A”)
NYU – 1 year Law school – incomplete
University of Belgrade, Yugoslavia B.A. international trade, customs, transport, shipping, documentation, finance, book-keeping
1994 Montreal, Canada, McGill College (adjunct professor of economics – 2 semesters
1995 to 1996, Florida, USA: Taught English to private students in order to qualify for the English Civics exam to gain citizenship to USA (class of 30 students – none failed)
1997, Language exchange in Boca Raton FL taught English to Oriental students used to writing vertically – two semesters of 25 students each – none failed – 4 semesters
1997 to 2000: Taught English to private classes (groups of 20 to 25) Polish, Serbian, Mexican, Lithuanian nationals to pass the US citizenship Civics Exam (none failed)
Spanish, German, Serbian, Russian + (conversational) French, Italian, basic Latin
RESULTING IN EXPERIENCE BLOCK USAGE 100% HIGH PASSING GRADES FOR EACH SEMESTER, EACH GROUP Using methodology of Skinner, Bloom and Chomsky as it was taught to me during my own studies.
Hear, repeat, use, do, combine, use in speech, sentence, address a colleague, pass unwanted word to volunteer – even the teacher. Individual repetition by each of what teacher constructed.
2000 years prior to Skinner’s learning mode cone, there was Confucius learning pyramid that I used:
COMPARE AND CONTRAST – adjectives
COMPARE AND CONTRAST – self-made dictionary with synonyms and antonyms free exchange, in class and at home as home-work. Each reads his/her homework aloud, standing up. A reward for every word that meets the standard.
PROPER NAMES (NOUNS):
VERBS (REGULAR AND IRREGULAR), singular, plural
AUXILIARY VERBS (TO BE – TO HAVE)
1. Class entry smiling and enjoying with a smile whatever surrounds us (Sunny day, cloudy day, rain, wind) Shapes of clouds resembling animals, bikes, cars, stimulating imagination
2. Choosing the color of the day – any color (e.g. white to be used as white tiger, white bear, white cat white cloud, white paper)
3. Endowing group with name of what the class finds most enjoyable in football-like huddle, commonly – so today we are white tigers and we enjoy what tigers enjoy – other qualities associated with the day’s mascot. (Every day different mascot, different source of joy). Passing out paper gold stars to the most active students or groups not encourage competition but collaboration of groups (3 to 6 in each group).
SHOW AND TELL
1. Bring an empty sack into the class, ask students to put unimportant objects in the sack (pens, pencils, a key, a hair-pin, a coin, a toy – any object or carry props in another bag. Teach the meaning of the word mistake, show that the sack is full of mistakes in English language. Select a volunteer to say anything about that day’s mascot (tiger) find a mistake – remove one item from the sack, keep repeating till the sack is empty, visually affirming that there are no more mistakes to be made through work and practice – since the sack of mistakes is now empty.
2. Select two or three props and assign adjectives either obvious or metaphorical – find commonality with that day’s mascot. Allow whole class to add one more quality in a written or verbal form. Every mistake returns some other prop into the sack of mistakes.
3. PRIVATE: During my lifetime I have visited every single European country and every single North, Central and South American country as well as some 75% of the countries in Africa – allowing me to better and faster understand local customs, food, dances, geography, speech patterns, body language, joys, fears, etc.
Video available on request by email.
oral expression - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$10|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$50|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|